Chapter 29

"Why isn't Lyra back?" Hermione demanded Sirius the next morning when he was leaving the Great hall after breakfast. "Are you trying to lock her up like a prisoner? How dare you keep my best friend from getting educated and even steal her freedom like this? I'm going to complain against you to the ministry about you forcing my best friend."

"Are you done, Miss Granger?" Sirius asked blankly. "Ten points from Gryffindor for raising your voice against a professor. Ten points for delaying me from going to do my work. Ten points for shouting in the corridors. Ten points for disturbing other's peace. And finally, your badge will be taken away for a week as your punishment and detention for 2 weeks with Professor Snape."

"You can't-" "He can." Tom said walking to Sirius' side. "I'm the Deputy Headmaster this year and he is my assistant. His word is as effective as mine."

"You are doing this to me because I'm a muggleborn, aren't you?" Hermione asked going red in the face. "I will go to the ministry and tell them how mean you are to muggleborns and half-bloods."

"Girl, I'm a half blood and so is the dark lady. We don't have anything against half-bloods or even muggleborns." Tom rolled his eyes at her. "One of the dark lord's most trusted is also a half blood."

"You-" "Now, you are wasting time and it calls for more punishment. Don't you think, Sirius?" Tom asked looking at Sirius.

"You are right." Sirius nodded. "She is rather rude on top of that to her elders."

"Sirius, Tom, my boys." Dumbledore appeared from behind them suddenly and Sirius had to stop himself from smiling. "You shouldn't be so harsh on Miss Granger on the first day of your work. She is really a brilliant student and is just worried about her best friend, that's all. There is no need to take extreme measures for such a small thing. I think those points deductions and detentions are all uncalled for."

"If you only called us to teach DADA and do nothing else in the school, it would've been better if we stayed in our rooms for meals too." Tom murmured thoughtfully. "I guess, it's better to stay there and call for our elves during the meals."

"What are you saying, my boy?" Dumbledore looked at him  controlling his anger at the disrespect.

"I'm not your boy, Headmaster. I'm a Lord. You better remember that and Sirius is a Lord too." Tom said with a dark look. "As you think we are being harsh on students who are not respectful to us and are not even letting us decide how to deal with such students, it's better if we don't deal with them at all in the hallways. We will just stay in our rooms and teach our classes when we have to."

"Now, now, my bo-" "Lord Idreld." Tom gritted his teeth. "Not your boy."

"Lord Idreld, you are being too petty-" "You are the one who is getting involved in things you are not needed, Headmaster." Sirius snapped finally giving up to stay patient. "Miss Granger is a student who crossed her limits with me. I was patient with her to only take points and give punishment as I'm a teacher here. If you don't want me to do that, then I can take this to Wizengamot as Lord Black for being accused of things that I didn't do and also for everything she did to my daughter all these years along with Mr Weasley and his mother."

"I didn't do anything to Lyra. You are the one accusing me of things I didn't do." Hermione shouted at him.

"The Wizengamot will be the one to decide it, Miss Granger." Sirius sneered at her. "Let me tell you something, little girl. You shouldn't have tried to steal books from Black library even after my warning or made Lyra get them for you either. That alone will be enough to remove you from Hogwarts as it is considered as theft of my private property."

"Those books are not private property. You pure bloods are jealous of us muggle borns and hide all those precious books from us." Hermione sniffed angrily not feeling afraid of his threats.