Chapter 19

Lyra snuggled into her pillow in the morning and sighed at the warmth. It's so nice and warm here. She didn't want to get up at all from the bed. She never felt this comfortable before on the bed at Slytherin Manor or any other place to be precise. She sighed again and buried her face in the pillow. She felt the pillow move up and down making her frown. Why is the pillow moving. She hit the pillow lightly with her palm and froze. 

Wait! This isn't a pillow. Her eyes snapped open and she looked up into amused red eyes of The Dark Lord! She is using his chest as a pillow and even hit him just now. She tried to get up, but found an arm around waist keeping her in place. His other hand was stroking her face now and pushing her hair away from her face. 

"Good morning darling." He said kissing her forehead lightly. She came out of her shock of sleeping on his chest and blushed hard. 

"Marvolo, I'm sorry. I didn't know when I rolled in my sleep and ended on top of you. I always stay in my place when I sleep. I'm so sorry." She said not looking into his eyes and he chuckled lightly stroking her cheek. 

"I don't mind at all, dearest. If I get to see your face snuggled into my chest every morning like this, I will never mind if you end up on top of me after sleeping every night. You looked so cute just like a small kitten." He pinched her cheek lightly making her blush even more. 

"Stop it. I'm not a kitten." She protested and he smiled at her. "What is the time?"

"It's 8:30." He said and she frowned. 

"I think I told you to sleep till 10." She said and he sighed. 

"Dearest, I'm used to waking up early in the morning. But, I promised you to not get up from the bed till 10. So, I'm still laying here from 2 and half hours." He said and she looked at him as if he is not a human at all.

"You woke up at 6?" She asked and he nodded his head. "You slept at 3, Marvolo. How can you still wake up so early? You have to sleep some more. Close your eyes and go to sleep. I don't want to hear your stupid reasons or excuses. I want you to have at least 5-6 hours of sleep daily. We will increase that to 8 hours a day later on."

"Dearest, I woke up late from usual today. I wake up at 5 normally." He said and she furrowed her brows in deep thought. He placed his index finger on her brows and smoothed them out. "Dearest, I will try my best to sleep more as days pass, but you can't expect me to sleep more from day one. Please, let me get up from the bed for today. I still have so much work to do and I have to see who is capable to do it as you want me to reduce my workload."

"Fine, but you are going to come back to bed sharp at 11." Lyra ordered him and he kissed her forehead once more.

"As my lady wishes." He said before getting up with her sitting on his lap. She blushed and immediately got off his lap and sat beside him. She adjusted her dress lightly and started brushing her hair with her fingers. "Are you hungry?" He asked standing up stretching his muscles lightly. 

"Yes." She nodded. 

"Why don't you go and change. We will go to breakfast together." He said and she nodded again before jumping from the bed and rushing to her room. Marvolo chuckled looking at her rush out of his room just like a small kitten. He knows it's too soon but what can he say, he fell hard for her. She is the first person to make his heart beat faster just by looking into those mesmerizing eyes. She is the first person to make him realize that he can love too. He knows that he can care about others as he does care about his death eaters, but he never thought that as a child born due to love between his parents created by love potion, he can't love. But, Lyra is proving him wrong. He can love and is now in love the stupidly cute girl.