Chapter 8

"What do you need?" Marvolo asked as they exited the bank.

"But Dumbledore said Mrs Weasley already got my things." Lyra said to him.

"And you only need books?" He asked her. She shook her head and thought about it.

"I need parchments, quills and ink." She said and he nodded leading her to the store before buying the best parchments, quills and different colour of ink for her ignoring her protests. He also bought some books and journals to make notes.

"If you write different points in different colours based on the importance of them. It will be easier for you to read them at last minute. You can just memorize the important points at last moment." He said to her and paid for them.

"Thank you. You know I can pay." She said as they exited.

"I know but I don't want you to." He said giving her a small smile. She smiled brightly at him. "Now where to?"

"Uh- do you have owl treats at the manor?" She asked and he thought for a while.

"The elves take care of the food. So they must've seen your owl and already brought the treats for her." He answered and she nodded her head. "Next?"

"I need new robes for next year. I've grown an inch or two and the last I brought robes were in my third year." She said.

"Madam Malkin's or Twilfitt and Tatting's?" He asked her.

"Your wish." She shrugged and he led her to Madam Malkin's. She thought he would take her to Twilfitt but never mind.

"Hogwarts robes dearie?" Madam Malkin asked and she nodded. While she was being measure Marvolo looked around. "Done. Anything else?" She shook her head but Marvolo spoke for her instead.

"She needs some formal and informal dress robes. Along with travel cloaks." He said and she looked at him wide-eyed. "30 each will suffice for now. I guess darker colours but if you think she looks good in lighter colours you can add them too." Her eyes widened even more.

"But-" "Deliver them to Slytherin Manor." Marvolo said cutting her off. Madam Malkin's eyes widened. "Of course Lord Slytherin." She bowed to him and he nodded leading her outside.

"I don't need those many robes." She said to him.

"You do." He said firmly. "You even need a new wardrobe." He led her to Twilfitt and Tatting's. The workers bowed as soon as they saw Marvolo. They were eager to serve for him. A female worker led Lyra to take her measurements.

"She needs a whole new wardrobe. I hope you know my tastes and choices." Marvolo said looking as intimidating as a dark lord should be. The shopkeeper nodded.

"Of course, My Lord. We will make only the best for My Lady." He said bowing to Lyra.

"Very Well. Send it to the manor." Marvolo said before taking her hand in his. "Do you like anything?" He asked her and she looked around. Her eyes stopped on a blue dress with a single strap on right shoulder. It fits through the bodice before flaring out at the waist. There is a silver belt at the waist. Lyra didn't know why but she liked it so much. But looking at it she knew it costs too much, Marvolo is already spending too much on her. She looked away from the dress but he already saw the look. He motioned for it silently and the shopkeeper nodded. She looked at some simple dresses and then bought a simple black dress along with a few skirts of different colours and some shirts for them.

"Let's go." He said shrinking them and placing them in his pocket. "Let's go to the muggle world."

"What?" She looked at him with shocked eyes.