Crisis on Naboo [4]

Skysati stood next to Ahsoka, her Togruta friend having promised to never let her out of her sight again. Skysati stood next to her still disguised Master, but there was still a slight distance between the two. Skysati looked up when Senator Amidala and the rest of the royal entourage approached.

"Once again, you have all distinguished yourselves in the eyes of the Republic, and the people of Naboo are in your debt,"

"It's all part of the job, my lady," Anakin replied.

Mace Windu stayed next to the Chancellor as they conversed "I'm not sure I agree with your orders to send the rest of the security detail back to Coruscant,"

"Now that the threat has passed," Chancellor Palpatine claimed, "I think Anakin is all the security I need,"

Anakin noticed the silence between his Master's new Padawan and his former Master and decided to break it "You look terrible,"

"Being a criminal is not easy work," Obi-Wan groaned.

"If I'd known what was going on, I could have helped you," Skysati argued.

"You and me both, kid." Anakin said "Too bad the council didn't trust me,"

"Anakin, it was my decision to keep the truth from you," Obi-Wan explained. "I knew if you were convinced I was dead, Dooku would believe it as well,"

Skysati took a step back as Anakin turned towards Obi-Wan a look of fury and betrayal in his eyes.

"Your decision?" Anakin repeated

"Look, I know I did some questionable things, but I did what I had to do." Obi-Wan argued "I hope you two can understand that,"

"You lied to me. How many other lies have I been told by the council? And how do you know that you even have the whole truth?"

Obi-Wan sighed as Anakin walked away and turned towards Skysati "Sky..."

Skysati shook her head and held up her hand "Not now," she walked off, her master following behind.

***

"We should get you into the transformation chamber," Master Windu told Obi-Wan. "Everyone's a little tired of looking at that ugly face of yours,"

Obi-Wan moved his gaze away from the holo map he was looking over "This is the face that saved the Republic." Obi-Wan considered Skysati and sighed "But I think you're right. It's time to go back to being Obi-Wan Kenobi,"

"I can sense something is still bothering you,"

"Yes," Obi-Wan admitted. "Something Anakin said has me worried. Do we know the whole truth? I think I'll stay. I need to check one last thing,"

"Then you'll need help," Skysati spoke up as she entered the room.

"Skysati..." Obi-Wan began to argue.

"Obi-Wan you've only been a bad guy for a couple of days, I've been a part of that world for a lot longer. It doesn't hurt to have another set of eyes,"

***

Obi-Wan and Skysati entered Obi-Wan's sniping area.

Obi-Wan gathered his sniper as Skysati looked around the room.

Skysati's eyes drifted over to the sniper case.

Opening it she moved her hand along the side until she came across something that didn't belong.

Skysati looked up to see Obi-Wan watching, she showed him the bug "Dooku was listening. He knew all along,"

"We need to get to Anakin and the Chancellor," Obi-Wan reasoned.

***

Skysati and Obi-Wan hurried through the palace halls until they came across Anakin staggering after being electrocuted by Count Dooku's force lightning.

The Count holding the Chancellor captive.

Obi-Wan stopped next to Anakin "Are you all right?"

"Come on!" Skysati hurried as she ran after the Count, activating her lightsaber before he could step foot on his ship.

Anakin beat her to the fight however as he jumped on the platform and engaged Count Dooku in battle.

Skysati helped out by disengaging the magma droids and helping the Chancellor off the ship.

Anakin, Skysati, Obi-Wan, and the Chancellor watched as Count Dooku began to escape.

"Well done, Master Kenobi," Count Dooku proclaimed. "You are a worthy adversary. I cannot say the same about your young apprentices,"

Skysati scoffed at the Count's notion, still, on guard, she turned abruptly when she heard running come in their direction, only to relax when she saw it was the palace guards with Padme.

"Chancellor!" Padme called out as she helped the Chancellor to his feet "Are you all right?"

"Yes," The Chancellor said "Thanks again to the heroics of the Jedi. That's the second time today,"

"We specialize in heroics, Chancellor," Obi-Wan claimed.

"As long as I live, no harm will ever come to you, Your Excellency," Anakin promised.

"Hmm, well, here's to your long and prosperous life, Anakin," The Chancellor said as he patted Anakin's shoulder. "One shudders to think where the galaxy would be without the Jedi,"