Crisis on Naboo [3]

Mace Windu ran towards where Anakin was beginning to come to.

"Those tentacles pack quite a punch," Anakin groaned.

"Come on," Mace Windu insisted.

***

Hardeen watched the chancellor get into a vehicle only to see the glimmer of a senate guard "The Chancellor!The guard escorting them is a bounty hunter!"

***

Mace Windu and Anakin hurried over and aimed their lightsabers at the bounty hunter who began speaking in his native language.

"Chancellor, are you all right?" Anakin asked.

The Chancellor punched Anakin, revealing themself to be the other bounty hunter.

Anakin pushed the bounty hunter back and aimed his lightsaber at them "Where is the chancellor?"

***

"Move it! Move it!" Moralo Eval ordered as Skysati and Cad Bane neared the actual getaway vehicle with the Chancellor in tow.

Cad Bane noticed Anakin and Mace Windu running towards them and pushed Skysati into the vehicle next to the unconscious Chancellor "So long, Jedi,"

***

Hardeen hurried and saw the getaway vehicle zoom past him "I'm going after the chancellor and Skysati." he told Mace.

"Copy that Obi-Wan." Mace Windu replied.

"I'll send you the coordinates, and hold Bane ther as long as I can,"

***

"This is the rendezvous point," Moralo Eval proclaimed as they reached the destination. "Dooku said he would meet us here,"

Skysati took a protective stance in front of the Chancellor only to be pushed aside for Moralo Eval to grab her.

"What did I tell you, Bane? My plan worked to perfection,"

"It wasn't your plan," Skysati reminded, struggling when Bane threw the Chancellor out of the vehicle.

"It was my execution of your plan," Cad Bane proclaimed as he aimed his blaster at the Chancellor "Come on. Get up,"

Moralo Eval pushed Skysati away, the girl becoming tired of being treated like a rag doll. "How dare you disrespect Moralo Eval!"

"We get it! Your name is Moralo Eval, you don't have to keep saying it in every sentence!" Skysati quipped only to scream when an electric shock went through her, Cad Bane grabbing her arm before she hit the ground.

"Pipe down,"

Skysati couldn't tell if he was talking to her or Moralo Eval.

"Where's Dooku? I thought you said he'd meet us here,"

"That was the plan," Moralo Eval said.

Cad Bane glanced over when Hardeen joined the group "Hardeen, you're not supposed to be here yet."

"I don't want to be double crossed and left behind again," Hardeen reminded.

"I think you've all been double-crossed. Dooku's a no-show," Skysati smirked only to grunt when Cad Bane shoved the blaster into her back.

"You mean...What do we do with the chancellor now?" Moralo Eval wondered.

"We'll ransom him ourselves," Cad Bane reasoned. "If Dooku won't pay us, somebody else will,"

Hardeen moved between Bane and the Chancellor and Skysati "I'm afraid the chancellor and the girl are coming with me,"

Skysati scoffed "Right because I'm gonna go with the man who killed my Master,"

"Sky..."

"No! What am I to you a trophy! Credits weren't enough so now you want the padawan of the man you killed?!"

Moralo Eval and Cad Bane used Skysati's distraction to attack Hardeen.

Cad Bane tried to use his rocket boots to get the high ground when firing on Hardeen but Hardeen used the rocket boots against him and threw Cad Bane against Moralo Eval and picked up Cad Bane's discarded blaster and aimed it at the two bounty hunters.

Skysati remained in front of the Chancellor in case Hardeen tried anything only to relax when Anakin and Mace Windu caught up to the group. She became confused however when the Jedi didn't surround Hardeen but rather Moralo Eval.

"Please do not kill Moralo Eval!" Moralo Eval pleaded as he raised his arms in surrender.

"Take him and Bane into custody," Mace ordered Anakin "And make sure the chancellor is returned safely to the palace," He turned to Hardeen "You did a good job, Obi-Wan,"

Skysati remained frozen as Clone Troopers picked up Cad Bane.

"Kenobi! I should have known, with how much you wanted to get close to the girl," Cad Bane glared over at Skysati.

Obi-Wan glanced back at the unmoving Skysati "Yes, well, spending so much time with you was no reward either,"

"Reward?! I'll give you a reward, when I plug you full of laser bolts and take the girl back!"

"Such a pleasant fellow." Obi-Wan looked over at Mace Windu "I hope this was all worth it."

"We saved the chancellor," Mace Windu nodded towards Skysati, who watched as Cad Bane was dragged away "And your Padawan. That's the important thing,"

Obi-Wan walked over to Skysati and held out her lightsaber "I believe this belongs to you,"

Skysati clenched her fists "I want to punch you..."

"I understand what you're feeling right now,"

Skysati turned towards her Master "Do you?! You could have somehow told me, said something that normal you would say..."

"Believe me Skysati, I wanted to tell you from the moment I saw you with Cad Bane. But he had you under constant watch that there was no way for me to get the message to you without drawing suspicion,"

Skysati remained silent as she crossed her arms over her chest and looked away from him

"If you believe this will be an issue on your studies, I can ask the council to give you a new master" Obi-Wan reasoned.

Skysati shook her head "I don't want a new master." she sighed as she finally took her lightsaber from his hand "I just need some time," Skysati walked away before Obi-Wan could say another word.