Friends and Enemies [4]

Skysati sat with Hardeen and Cad Bane on the outer steps of the ship while Moralo Eval paid for more fuel.

"Here just take it." Moralo Eval snapped "I just want to get out of here. We're being swindled. Who sells a ship with only enough fuel to get to this lousy rock?"

"The way I see it, you keep paying off everybody but me," Cad Bane quipped.

Skysati sulked back, knowing fully well how Bane was when he didn't get paid.

"Yeah, why is that?" Hardeen asked.

Skysati felt something in the force and turned seeing a Jedi craft appear at the fueling station.

Cad Bane didn't notice Skysati's look and pushed her onto the ship. "Move it," he moved past Skysati and next to Hardeen to pilot the craft, almost as soon as they were in the air, something banged against the top.

"Now what?" Eval asked annoyed.

Cad Bane finally realized what had taken Skysati so long to get on the ship and looked back at her "Jedi,"

"Bane, I swear...I didn't..." Skysati wasn't able to finish as she screamed in pain as her chip was activated and she was electrocuted.

The group noticed when Anakin Skywalker jumped onto the ship.

"I'll take care of him," Hardeen said as he got up.

Cad Bane pushed him back down into the chair "No, it's my turn to kill a Jedi,"

"Electrocute her more, you'll get your chance," Hardeen nodded over to where Skysati sat against the wall, grimacing in pain.

Cad Bane and Anakin's fight took place at the front of the ship, the group able to watch as Hardeen continued piloting to get away from Ahsoka who was piloting the Jedi craft above them.

The ship spun out of control as Ahsoka's ship slammed hard on top causing both to crash.

***

Skysati shook her head as she woke up from the crash, looking over she saw Hardeen on the ground, taking her chance she used the force to grab her lightsaber and head out of the ship.

"Skysati," Hardeen called out as he followed the padawan out into the dust caused by the ships' crash.

Skysati ignited her lightsaber and held it at Hardeen's throat "You're going to pay for what you did,"

"You're not going to do it..."

Skysati glanced behind Hardeen and deactivated her lightsaber "You're right. But he might,"

Hardeen reacted too slow as Anakin threw himself at the bounty hunter.

"Go find Ahsoka!" Anakin ordered.

Skysati turned to run only to turn back when she heard Anakin grunt in pain and saw the Cad Bane had caught him.

"You can thank me later, Hardeen," Cad Bane said as he dragged Anakin off "You had your chance to kill him. Now it's my turn,"

"No!" Skysati used the force to push Cad Bane away allowing Anakin to escape and grab his lightsaber.

The two began fighting as Cad Bane fired his blasters and Anakin deflected them.

Skysati was shocked when Hardeen pushed Anakin away, having not sensed him. "An...Aah!" she fell to the ground as electricity coursed through her, black spots filling her vision as she was on the verge of passing out.

Looking up Skysati watched as Anakin fell numbly to the ground.

"No," Skysati whispered, she saw Bane reach for a blaster and aim it at Anakin's head. "No!"

Another voice exclaimed in anger as two green lightsabers came out through the fog, Ahsoka wielding them.

Ahsoka stood over her Master protectively.

Skysati grunted when Cad Bane picked her up and held a blaster to her head, Ahsoka looking at her shocked.

"Sky?!" Ahsoka called out.

Skysati only shook her head for Ahsoka not to try, she lost Obi-Wan, Anakin was close, she couldn't lose another friend due to her misfortune.

"Ship is still operational," Moralo Eval called out "I got it working. Now let's get out of here,"

"You're lucky we're in a hurry, little lady," Cad Bane told Ahsoka. "We'll have to dance another time," he forced Skysati forward by placing his blaster on her back.

Skysati looked back at Ahsoka, for what she assumed would be the last time.