The General [3]

The battle wasn't going well, especially when the enemy had those impenetrable tanks.

Skysati turned when she saw one of the tanks begin to land on of the troopers.

Using the force, Skysati moved the clone out of the way.

"Help me with the wounded!" Skysati ordered whoever was close enough to hear her. "We got to get these guys out of here," she told Kix.

"Forget it." Rex told the duo "We have to leave them,"

"We can't just leave them, Rex!" Skysati exclaimed.

"You don't have a choice,"

Skysati scoffed "You sound like General Krell,"

"Look, Skysati, it's more important to save yourself right now. If we survive, you can patch up the wounded later,"

Skysati shook her head in frustration and moved towards the wounded that they were able to save.

"We...We're finished," Tup panted.

"We've still got some fight left in us, Tup," Skysati reasoned

"And I've got an idea," Rex announced.

"What were you thinking?" Kix wondered.

"Remember what you were saying about finding another way to destroy those tanks?"

"Yeah,"

"Well, I have a mission for you,"

***

"Padawan Cyneous, where are you?" General Krell asked over the comms.

"General Krell, we've come up with a plan to infiltrate the airbase," Rex reported.

"Where is Padawan Cyneous?"

"I've dispatched two men along with Skysati on a stealth incursion into the airbase. They've been ordered to co-opt starfighters and use them against the tanks,"

"You what? You put this entire assault on your hope that two clones and a padawan can do what your entire group could not?"

"Sir, the rocket launchers don't work on these tanks, and it'll be easier to slip by undetected while the rest of us keep the tanks occupied,"

"Captain, you will launch a full-forward strike immediately! Or you will be relieved of duty,"

Rex looked at the troopers in front of him "We need to hold out as long as we can. I'm trusting Fives, Hardcase, and Skysati to pull this thing off,"

***

"The second they spot us, I start blastin'," Hardcase proclaimed as he, Fives, and Skysati walked through the dense fog.

"Hardcase, can't you take it easy for once?" Fives wondered. "Stick to the plan instead of guns blazing."

"I'm sorry, it's just how I am. My commander on Kamino said my growth acceleration chamber had a leak. Made me hyperactive, I guess,"

"There's the airbase," Skysati noted as the trio came upon an electronic fence.

"Hmm. Some kind of sensor wall," Fives noted. "Use the tree to get over the sensor wall,"

"Um, how am I supposed to do this, exactly?" Hardcase asked.

"Simple," Skysati said as she used the force to lift Hardcase up into the air and over the fence. She looked over at Fives "Your turn,"

Once the two clones were over the field she jumped over the field and landed next to them.

"Little warning next time Commander," Hardcase said.

Skysati smirked "Where's the fun in that? Now let's move,"

Hardcase looked up at one of the aircraft "So how do I start this thing?"

"Well, how should I know?" Fives asked.

Skysati moved Fives out of the pilot seat "Move,"

A forcefield bubble appeared and hovered to the craft.

The Umbarans seemed to catch onto the group's plan and began firing at them.

"Good thing these are ray shielded," Fives noted.

"I don't think I can do this," Hardcase said as he kept spinning in his craft.

Skysati shook her head as she gained control of the craft "Let's hope this trip was worth it. All right boys, let's go!"

***

Skysati noticed the troopers being surrounded by the Umbarans "Clear out Captain," she ordered as they began using the Umbarans' own ships against them.

"Yeah!" Hardcase exclaimed, laughing in glee as the Umbarans' heavy weaponry began to explode. "Take that!"

Skysati smiled as she watched the troopers below begin to cheer "All right, let's bring 'em home.

***

"Despite Hardcase's flying, you three saved us all," Rex said as the group rejoined at the now captured airbase.

"That wasn't so tough," Hardcase proclaimed.

"You sure?" Skysati teased "You looked a little green when you came out of that fighter," her smile quickly went away as she watched Master Krell walk over to them.

"Padawan, report." Master Krell ordered, "What is our situation?"

"Master, we have taken the base and cut off enemy supply lines to the capital," Skysati reported.

"Luck has smiled on you, Padawan. Consider yourself fortunate,"

Skysati felt the back of her neck prickle, she kept her face blank not wanting to show Master Krell her fear.

Rex noticed the brief change in her manner and stepped forward "It wasn't all luck, sir. A lot of men died to take this base,"

"The price for such victory. Perhaps someday you'll realize this." Master Krell turned away from Skysati and the clones "Dismissed,"