The Box [3]

The platforms began to raise, fearing what would happen the Bounty Hunters quickly jumped up.

One Bounty Hunter wasn't as lucky and was zapped by the ray shield.

Cad Bane stopped a Bounty Hunter from taking the syringe "Hey, who put you in charge?"

The Bounty Hunter argued in his native language.

"Does anyone know what this gasbag is saying?"

"I do." Hardeen took the syringe from Bane and gave it to the Bounty Hunter. "He's the only one who can get us out of this mess,"

Cad Bane looked over at Skysati for more information.

"He's a Parwan," Skysati explained. "His blood can take the electrolytic serum,"

"Are you certain?" Bane questioned.

Skysati glanced over at Hardeen.

Hardeen shrugged "Fifty-fifty. Depends on the blood type of the Parwan,"

Cad Bane glared over at Skysati "Great,"

The Parwan walked over to the switch as the platform moved again, the ray shield walls moving closer to the group.

"We're almost there kid," Hardeen told Skysati as she crossed her arms across her body, trying to calm herself down from having a panic attack. He glanced over at the Parwan "Hurry. Use the serum,"

The Parwan reached through the ray shield as if it were nothing.

The walls became so close that Skysati had to close her eyes, she opened them back when she heard the hydraulic hiss of a wall moving and saw another lit passageway in front of them.

"You ok?" Hardeen asked.

"I'm still here, aren't I?" Skysati asked. "Then I'm not okay," she sighed "His blood, how did you know about it?"

"I used to kill Parwans for a living,"

***

The group followed the pathway into another room, almost immediately upon entering the passageway became blocked off.

"The final challenge has arrived." Moralo Eval announced.

The group looked down as the floor whirred to life with fire.

A Bounty Hunter spoke in his native language, as Moralo Eval revealed himself.

"Unfortunately, no." Moralo Eval replied as he hit a button on his wrist.

The platform was extended and a sniper rifle was revealed.

"We are going to test your sniper skills," Moralo Eval hit another button and a light appeared on the wall. "Hit the target,"

The light moved across the wall.

A bounty hunter moved to grab the sniper rifle "Step back, boys. I show you how it's done," he grabbed the rifle and aimed at the target, he seemed to be doing pretty well until he missed and the platform rescinded and he fell into the flames.

Moralo Eval laughed.

"I get it." Hardeen said "If we miss the target, this platform gets smaller. Soon there won't be any platform left,"

Another sniper rifle appeared, Hardeen taking his turn.

Hardeen hit the targets, but Moralo Eval had other plans as the platform with the other bounty hunters rose, leaving Hardeen by himself.

"This is not the first time you've saved everybody's skin, Hardeen." Moralo Eval scowled "Five more hits. Let's see how good you really are," He hit a button and the platform got smaller for Hardeen and two more targets emerged on the wall, both moving simultaneously.

Hardeen hit 4 of the 5, only to be out of shots before he could get the final target.

"Oh, what a shame. Out of charges. It's also important as a bounty hunter to be lucky, and your luck just ran out," Moralo Eval pressed his wrist remote and the platform began to disappear.

Hardeen yelled out as he began to fall only to be caught by an invisible force.

Everyone looked shocked as Skysati held her arm out, using the force to keep Hardeen up in the air.

"You little brat!" Moralo Eval growled. "How dare you defy Moralo Eval?"

Skysati glared over at Moralo Eval "If you're gonna kill him, do it like a man,"

"You heard her, Eval," Count Dooku proclaimed as his face appeared on the wall. "Show us what you are really made of,"

Moralo Eval was pushed onto the platform as Skysati let Hardeen down gently.

Skysati watched as Moralo Eval pressed his wrist remote and droids came flying from the ceiling "Cheat," she huffed.

Hardeen used the droids against themselves before hurling the final one at Moralo Eval. "Your gonna have to do better than that,"

"Hmm, you, my friend have seen nothing yet," Moralo Eval claimed as he created a labyrinth.

Hardeen was able to escape and punched Moralo Eval to the ground and grabbed the wrist remote "Let's even the playing field,"

Without his remote, Moralo Eval had to resort to actually fighting Hardeen.

Hardeen's helmet was knocked off, but Hardeen was able to gain the upper hand and punch Moralo Eval into submission.

"Finish him, Hardeen," Count Dooku ordered.

Hardeen glanced up at Skysati, who held a look of worry and shook his head, walking away from Moralo Eval.

"Very disappointing," Count Dooku claimed.

"I just want to do my job and get my money," Hardeen proclaimed.

"It is unfortunate that your leadership skills are so lacking. Nonetheless, congratulations on surviving The Box. Tomorrow, you will kidnap Chancellor Palpatine at the festival on Naboo. With the leader of the Republic as our hostage, we will demand the release of all Separatist prisoners,"

Skysati couldn't help but flinch at the thought of Boba getting out of prison.

"If our demand is not met, the Chancellor will be executed. Either way, you will help reshape the galaxy. Once you are all aboard the transport, Eval will walk you through his plan. However, the operation on Naboo will be run by Cad Bane. All of you work for him now,"

Skysati now feared the worse as she knew Bane was capable of getting the job done, and wither her being stuck with him and knowing the plan now...there was no way for her to get out of this alive.