Slaves of the Republic [3]

Skysati rubbed the back of her neck as she woke up.

"Your friends destroyed my auction and frightened my customers." The Queen said "Count Dooku and half my kingdom are demanding their death,"

"Then why keep me?" Skysati voiced.

"Because you hesitated. When your friend attacked it was instantaneous, but you,'

Skysati looked away from the Queen. "I'm not a slave,"

"No? Then how is it that when my slavers scanned your chip they found this?"

Skysati turned and found her picture with her identifying marks.

"Skysati Cyneus used to be under the ownership of Hondo Ohnaka and now Cad Bane. Do you know the punishment for runaway slaves?"

"Cad Bane went to jail and the Jedi took me in,"

"From one slaver to another," the Queen mused.

"I am not a slave!" Skysati exclaimed, the force erupting around her causing certain items in the room to shift and shatter.

The Queen chuckled "your heart is not in your words. You will stand beside me, a testament to my power." she held Skysati's lightsaber out to her. "Here. My bodyguard will need a weapon. And you need not worry about your friends. They will be quite safe,"

***

Despite the situation, Skysati felt free as she flew in the sky. Her mind went back to the present when they landed.

Skysati jumped down stopping when the Queen began to speak.

"What if I freed your friends? Would you promise to stay, commit to serving me?"

Skysati looked down in thought.

"If a Jedi as noble as you gave her word, I think you might keep it," The Queen noted Skysati's hesitance. "You may speak freely,"

"I don't trust you," Skysat admitted.

"Have I been anything but honest? I have no reason to lie. I am who I am. It is you, you who are the complicated one. Now, Cyneous, the future of your friends lies in your hands. If they are to live as slaves, it will be you who keeps them that way,"