√ SEVEN √

Ike laughed at her twenty-year old cousin as she crossed her legs beneath her and grabbed the bowl of ice cream next to her.

"You still love ice cream? You aren't a kid anymore" a masculine deep voice flowed out of the laptop and Ike laughed.

"I'm just old, I'm still really a two year old" Ike replied as her cousin laughed.

"Why does Auntie Rolake allow you to take these things? She shouldn't spoil you so much. They are not good for your health" he said and Ike laughed wearing a big smile on her face.

"Okay, okay. Whatever. When are you coming back?" Ike asked as the male in the laptop shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm supposed to come for a friend's wedding next month but I don't think I'll be able to make it" he said as Ike swallowed her saliva.

"Just come nah. I miss you" Ike whined and the male laughed.

"Wowww... Almighty Ikeoluwa misses me. I'll come back next year and I'll be around for about two months. Don't worry you'll have me all to yourself then" he replied and Ike nodded.

"Okay" Ike replied.

"I gotta go. I'll call you later" The male said and Ike mustered a smile and waved at the latter as the laptop screen went blank.

Ike stared at the blank screen as she scooped more ice cream spoons into her mouth. Like her friends didn't know about her situation, almost none of her family members knew about it.

Only her maternal grandparents knew about it and hence they came to visit once in a while. Ike tried to imagine their expressions and their reactions if they were told that she had less than two months to live.

Ike chuckled as she climbed down from the bed. By the time he came back the following year; he would of course meet her grave. As one of her favourite cousins; Ike did want to see him before she breathed her last.

And deep down inside her; something told her she wasn't even going to last that long. She dragged her feet towards her bathroom and washed her face.

Grabbing the hand towel folded neatly beside her; she wiped her face and stared at her reflection in the mirror.

Unlike most schools where the students lazed around for the first week; only the first day was for lazing around at DRC.

Classes commenced the very next day and schools soon returned to its calm state with teachers walking in and out of different classes. The calm soon disappeared as soon as the bell for break was rang.

"B class is going to having classes with us. I mean Physics class. For the rest of the term" the assistant class captain announced as the students started dropping their comments as they walked out of the class towards the cafeteria.

"Why is B class having class with us? I hate those teenagers" Gloria said through gritted teeth and Chidima shrugged her shoulders.

"After all these years, your hatred for those teenagers should have decreased by now" Chidima said as Gloria glared at her.

"You two keep forgetting that we are all teens" Ike commented as she slid her pen into her jacket pocket.

"Yes. But we are definitely not spoilt and rotten" Gloria replied.

"Who are you calling spoilt and rotten?" Someone asked from behind them and Ike sighed as the girls turned and watched as another set of girls approached them.

"I thought the air smelt bad, so it was you guys after all" Gloria replied as one of the girls hissed in annoyance.

"This is the way you run your mouth like a parrot. Don't you have a full length mirror at home to see what you look like exactly? You look like a rotten sack of tomatoes!" One of the girls shot back and Ike rubbed her forehead at the growing number of students.

"Rotten sack of tomatoes? Have you seen one to know how a sack of rotten tomatoes look like? If you don't know; you are the exact replica of a waste bin truck" Gloria hollered back and Ike covered her mouth to muffle her laughter.

"Exactly, have anyone told you that you have a squared face? So face caps would look awkward on you?" Chidima asked as the crowd shouted in laughter.

"You should stop wearing them Sayo. Everyone here knows you are ugly but when you wear face caps?  Girl you look irritating" Chidima added as Sayo's face contorted in anger.

"This is why he dumped you Gloria, because you are like this. Stupid and arrogant" Sayo spat as the crowd descended into silence.

"Excuse me" a voice a little above a whisper yet loud enough for the numerous students to hear and whether consciously and unconsciously; they parted and a lean figure walked trough the crowd towards Ike.

His eyes didn't flicker in the slightest and Ike could feel her blood boiling as he walked closer to her. Different thoughts swirled in her head as the gap between them because shorter and shorter.

"Excuse me, you are blocking the way" his voice floated into Ike's ears as she froze before quickly making way for him. Ike stared dazedly at his receding figure before she heard a loud slam which brought everyone out of their reverie.

Gloria's eyes had turned red and Sayo was holding her cheek and staring at Gloria in both shock and unbelief.

"I will warn you for the first and last time. You are not qualified to mention such matters. You of all people are not. Or do you not know that behind you everyone call you the royal whore? Even students from other schools call you that. That you jump from a bed to another. Do you really think no one knew about what happened with Michael? We all know Sayo. We all know that you fucked your younger sister's boyfriend!" Gloria yelled as the students started whispering.

"How dare you?" Gloria breathed as she chuckled before walking away not forgetting to push Sayo while she walked away.

I HOPE YOU HAVE A BLESSED WEEK.
MORE UPDATES SHOULD COME THIS WEEK THOUGH. PLEASE AND PLEASE, DO COMMENT AND VOTE. THANK YOU.