√ THIRTEEN √

Ike shook her head as she folded her arms and stared at both Chidima and Gloria.

"Until when will you guys do this?" Ike asked as both Chidima and Gloria ignored her and Ike sighed again.

"Just apologize to each other and let's get on with this misunderstanding. God knows how much I hate being in the middle of you two right now" Ike said as Gloria snorted and turned to Ike.

"I have no reason to apologize to Chidima. She is the one who owes me an apology. She clearly started the fight" Gloria asked as Chidima chuckled and clapped her hands together.

"Really? I mean really? Owe you an apology? If I am going to apologise why would I apologise to an hypocrite like you?" Chidima asked as Gloria stood up in anger.

"Hypocrite? Did you just call me a hypocrite? What are you then? You are just a lousy idiot who does nothing than run her mouth all day. Haven't you seen the people look at you each time you start talking?" Gloria asked as Chidima slowly rose to her feet nodding her head.

"Now I see why Snr Tomisin broke up with you" Chidima said slowly as the whole class went silent and Gloria stared at Chidima in shock.

It was the second time she was hearing that same statement since they had resumed but never had she imagined that Chidima would say something like that.

"You know nothing" Gloria started as she chuckled.

"You haven't even fallen in love before so what do you know? If you are so curious about our relationship, you just have to walk up to the both of us and ask what happened. I don't know so if you are so curious, walk to the SSS3 block and ask him" Gloria added as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Ask why he decided to abandon me when I needed him the most. Ask why he left me when he promised he was gonna stay with me forever. Ask him why did all that even when he knew how much he meant to me" Gloria said as everyone stared on with emotion in their eyes.

"But we do see Snr Tomi everyday and we all know that he isn't faring that well too" Chidima said swallowing the gulp in her throat as Gloria turned to her.

"Huh?" She asked as Chidima swallowed her saliva.

"Snr Tomi isn't faring that well either" Chidima replied as Gloria stared at her wordlessly before she chuckled.

"Chidima what are you trying to say?" Gloria asked as Chidima shrugged.

"Your words are very touching you know and as much as they touched me; I realized something. Was Snr Tomi the only one who made those promises? Didn't you make the same promises to him as well?" Chidima asked as everyone fell into thoughts.

"You made the same fucking promises Gloria. So stop castigating him for not fulfulling his because you didn't either!" Chidima roared as she sighed.

"So what if he broke his own side of the promise? Did you have to break yours too? Someone suddenly broke up with you out of the blue. Someone not just you, I and everyone here know how much Snr Tomisin loved you. You know so well"

"So when he suddenly broke up with you and became a shadow of himself, did you try to even find why or what must have happened to made him take that decision? No you didn't. You just kept on blaming and blaming him" Chidima said as Gloria stared at her.

"Stop acting like you are the only one who got hurt Gloria, Snr Tomi also got hurt as well" Chidima said as Gloria nodded.

"Now that you've made your point what's next? I did tell you earlier; that's your problem. You are always talking and running your way it way it pleases you. I didn't keep to my side of the promise? Fine! You, the keeper of promises,  have you found someone you love or someone you likes you yet? Nah, that's why ya still single" Gloria said as she chuckled.

"Exactly why you could rant out those words without a care in the world. Because you actually don't know how I feel or someone in my situation would feel like" Gloria said as she shook her head.

"Just what made you think you have the right to judge me? You feel a sense of accomplishment now? Or do you really think I didn't know that you had a crush on my boyfriend?! I saw your phone the last time" Gloria said as Chidima turned pale.

"You two hold it right there!" Ike exclaimed as she raised her two hands and stared at Gloria and Chidima icyly.

"What are you two doing? Do you even realize what you have said Gloria? What you have said Chi? And do you two even realize that you are fucking best friends?!" Ike asked as she chuckled and turned to Gloria.

"She's right. Chi is absolutely right. You didn't keep to your side of the promise so just stop pushing all the blame to Snr Tomi's head; its getting so irritating already. Acting like you are innocent and blameless" Ike said as everyone stared at her in shock.

"What if Chi doesn't have someone she likes or loves? Or rather she does but in that person's eyes, he had just you. Only you. Must you continually rub it in her face?" Ike asked as she rubbed her forehead.

"She's hasn't even fallen in the love but she's well experienced than you. Take lessons from her of time permits Gloria. She does talk a lot but then they do help a lot"  Ike said as she turned to Chidima.

"And you, Gloria is right as well. You are always talking.  I used to think it was a talent but girl, its a freaking problem!" Ike said as she chuckled.

"You are right and so? What gives you the right to interfere in her relationship matters? You like your best friend's boyfriend. No biggie but can you make it less obvious? And as well get over the damn crush and look elsewhere"

"Do you think poking at people's innermost feelings, where they hurt the most is fun? You just talk and the person you are talking to, you have no idea how they feel deep down. You should try falling in love sometimes and experience a very crazy break up; then someone tries to interfere in your relationship. Maybe you'll know and understand better, just how Gloria felt today" Ike said as she yawned and slid her hands into the pockets of her jacket.

"Damn! You guys really did it this time around. Finally brought out this part of me" Ike said as she blew out a wasp of air and walked out of the class while the eyes of her classmates followed her till she disappeared at the end of the corridor.

"So wait, sorry I have a question" someone said as she laughed awkwardly.

"Was that really Adeniyi Ikeoluwa? I mean, its Ikeoluwa right? I mean, our Ike, that's not her bah?" The girl asked, her expression betraying what she had asked about.

"Hell nah"