√ TWENTY TWO √

Ike furrowed her brows as she glanced at her mom for the hundredth time that morning.

"You should go to the hospital today ehn?" Ike said as her mom wore a small smile and nodded.

"I won't forget don't worry" Mrs Adeniyi replied as she drove into the premises of DRC.

"I'll give you a call in case you forget" Ike said as she got down from the car.

Her mom had been down with flu and malaria together and had been self treating herself at home like always but the drugs didn't seem to work as she vomited practically everything she always ate.

"Have a nice day sweetie" Mrs Adeniyi waved to her daughter with a sweet smile as Ike waved back before walking towards the school buildings.

Joining the students on the walkway as she checked her to wristwatch and smiled as she turned in the way of the library.

The doors of the library were already wide open as Ike stepped inside. She made her steps immediately light and soundless as she walked through the shelf of books.

She giggled quietly as soon as she sighted a familiar lean figure standing a few shelf's away from her, his back to her holding a book.

Using the shelves as a medium of shelter, she proceeded to sneak up at the person's back before skillfully clamping her hands over his eyes and standing on her toes so as to reach him.

The lean figure chuckled quietly while Ike stiffled her own laughter. Without removing the hands covering his face, he slipped the book in his hands back to its place and slipped his hands to his pockets.

"The day you stop you using an LV perfume or maybe start wearing a glove. I wouldn't recognize you. And you've got to stop performing the same trick everyday Ike. I'm getting bored and well amused" Juola said slowly as Ike removed her hands from his face and used one of her hands to cover her mouth as she laughed.

Juola turned to her as he raised an eyebrow at her while Ike laughed harder. Since the library was still empty, it was echoing slightly in the hall.

Grabbing her frail, small hands; Juola pulled Ike out of the library with her still trying to stifle her laughter.

It was like magic. Ike never believed in magic. It was just your imagination but how she and Juola became close? Was well, totally above her imagination.

Everyone was as surprised as she was. At a time, rumours started flying that they were both dating and another time, the rumours cleared itself up.

"Your mom dropped you?" Juola asked as he collected Ike's school bag from her.

"Yeah" Ike replied as she rolled her shoulder. Juola had developed an habit of collecting and carrying her bag for her. Something than made her feel so sweet inside.

"I thought you said she's still down with flu" Juola said as they walked towards the classroom blocks.

"Yeah. Remind me to call her later in the day to remind her to go to the hospital" Ike said and Juola nodded.

Ike chuckled as the students stared at them as they walked by.

"Tell Dare i want the strawberry flavour today" Ike said as Juola scoffed at her.

"You are now tired of the Apple flavour huh?" Juola asked and Ike laughed.

"Nah. No flavour just seems to be able to beat the Strawberry flavour" Ike replied as Juola laughed as they climbed the steps towards her class.

"I sincerely wish I was in your class" Ike said as she and Juola walked into the class and Juola dropped her bag on her seat and turned to her.

"We have Physics today. You'll see me before break" Juola replied as he winked at her and Ike laughed.

"Mr Matthews" Gloria greeted as Juola turned to her with a small smile.

"Miss Elem" Juola greeted as Ike laughed as she shook her head.

Since she and Juola became close, he, Gloria and Chidima also became friends as well. He and Gloria liked to use their surnames to greet each other and Ike found it very hilarious.

Chidima folded her arms as she laughed "I think your English teacher is in class now. I saw him a while ago" she said to Juola who nodded and waved at the girls before he reached over and pulled on Ike's nose and walked out of the class.

A wide grin spread all over Ike's face as she rubbed her nose happily.

"Ike" Gloria called as she folded her arms.

"Huh?" Ike replied as she adjusted her jacket.

"You like him don't you?" Gloria asked as Ike chuckled nd shrugged.

"Isn't it obvious enough? I like him, I love him whatever" Ike replied as Chidima and Gloria stared in surprise at Ike, both at her honesty and straight forwardness.

"Wow. You aren't even shy" Chidima teased and Ike chuckled folding her arms.

"I like someone, why should I be shy? Its not like he's here listening to me" Ike replied as she laughed.

"So what are you going to do?" Gloria asked as Ike shrugged.

"Nothing. I'll just keep on liking, loving him" Ike replied as Chidima furrowed her brows.

"You should tell him. Maybe you guys might even date" Chidima replied and Ike laughed.

"Nah. I'm not telling him anything" Ike replied as Gloria folded her arms.

"What kind of plan is that? Its crap" Gloria said and Ike nodded.

"I like the crappy plan" Ike replied as Gloria and Chidima exchanged glances.

"Ike, I think this whole thing is driving you crazy already" Gloria said as the girls burst into laughter and tears slid down Ike's cheeks.

"Don't tell me you are crying while laughing" Chidima teased as she laughed harder not noticing that Ike was really crying and laughing.

She has two weeks and half left. What good would it do to tell him she liked him? That she loved him? Nothing!