√ EIGHTEEN √

Ike's eyes widened in alarm. She was so carried away with the project that she forgot to take her drugs. She also forgot to eat as well.

"Hey are you okay?" Juola asked as Ike instantly reached for her bag while ignoring Juola.

She needed to take her drugs and supplement them with something immediately.

"Please get me a cup of water" Ike said as she swallowed her saliva while Juola stared at her for a while before standing up and walking towards the water dispenser.

He grabbed a cup and poured water into it. He walked back and stretched the cup of water towards her as Ike mouthed him a thank you and collected it.

Skillfully throwing the tablets into her mouth without Juola seeing before she gulped down the water. It was only after taking her drugs did Ike realize that she had no ice cream or chocolates. In summary, no supplements for the drug.

And with zero supplements, the drug was as good as useless. Ike sighed as she turned to Juola again.

"Is there a way I can get a bowl of ice cream here? And fast? Like in a minute?" Ike asked as Juola raised an eyebrow at her before walking towards the fridge in the dinning room and opened the last part and brought our a fairly large bowl of ice cream.

"Dare dropped this here yesterday. Its a new recipe that he tried so you might not like it" Juola said as he dropped a spoon on top of the bowl.

"Thank you" Ike said as she opened the bowl of ice cream and scooped a spoon of ice cream into her mouth.

"Its so good. Lemon and walnuts flavour?" Ike asked as she turned to Juola who raised his eyebrow at her for the hundredth time that day.

"Your taste buds are sure very active" Juola replied as he closed the textbooks and watched Ike as she scooped the ice cream into her mouth.

Ike bowed her head thinking of say when Juola asked her what had just happened or why she was taking such a large amount of ice cream when it was not good for her health or her teeth.

But the question; never came forth.

"When you are done, let me drop you off at home. I think we've done enough for the day" Juola said as Ike turned to him in slight surprise before nodding her head.

"Sure. We've achieved quite a lot today" Ike replied seeing that she had finished half of ice cream bowl.

The nauseous feeling she was felt minutes before had disappeared and she finally felt normal. As her days drew nearer; her symptoms were getting worse.

Ike pursed her lips as she continued scooping the ice cream into her mouth. For a lot of people, knowing them were going to die scared them but for Ike, it was more like a relief.

She would be free from trying to hide, trying to be happy. Trying to live a normal life. She always tried to do this and that.

Ike dropped the empty bowl of ice cream as she ran her tongue over her lips and smiled.

"New recipe right?  That's means its not out in the stores yet?" Ike asked as Juola nodded.

"This is his third trial" Juola said as he got to his feet.

"Wow. He's really good. And its a really nice flavour. I mean Lemon and Walnut mixed together isn't a flavour you seen everyday so if he puts it up,  a lot of people are going to curious and what to try it out" Ike replied as she folded her arms.

"Ice cream is supposed to be very sweet but this one had an aftermath sourness which I think is unique. The sourness keeps making you want more. Its so soft and creamy" Ike added as Juola folded his arms.

"Wow" Juola said as Ike stared in him in surprise.

"For what?" She asked and Juola shook his head.

"Nothing. Pick your bag let's go" Juola replied as Ike quickly grabbed her bag and her jacket and walked behind Juola.

"Car keys" Juola said to someone as a bodyguard approached him.

"Your father clearly instructed..... " he started as Juola turned to him a frown on his handsome face.

"I asked for the car keys" Juola interrupted as the latter swallowed his saliva and dropped some keys on his palm.

"Nobody follows me" Juola said as he turned to Ike and motioned for her to get into the car.

Ike turned to Juola as she got into the car. She didn't miss the surprised looks on the bodyguards faces when she had gotten down from the car hours ago.

They had looked at her as if she was an alien that dropped from maybe planet Mercury or somerhing. And with the episode she just witnessed, Ike didn't know what to say or think.

"That's my house" Ike said as she pointed at her house and Juola drove towards it before parking the car.

Ike turned to him and pursed her lips. She quickly thought of what to say as she coughed lightly.

"I've always wanted to ask, Juola isn't actually your name right? I mean its the short form of a name right?" Ike asked as she mentally slapped herself for asking the dumbest question ever.

"Oluwajuwonlo" Juola replied as Ike raised her eyebrow.

"Shouldn't you called Juwon then?" Ike asked as Juola shrugged without replying and Ike chuckled as she nodded.

"So about tomorrow, why don't you come over to my house for the project? I came to yours today, maybe you could come to mine tomorrow?" Ike asked and remembering the previous episode at his house, she quickly shook her head.

"If you can't make it, no o. I can always come to yours again" Ike added as Juola chuckled.

"I'll be here at 10am" Juola replied as Ike felt a sudden burst of happiness.

"You'll come?" Ike asked excited.