√ TWENTY ONE √

"Plantain and Egg for you" Ike said as she dropped a plate of food in front of Juola and sat down as well.

She had set her alarm for her drug and to avoid questions from Juola, she had lied that she had set an alarm for food since she didn't eat in the morning.

As she went to get food for him; she had taken her drugs and as well grabbed a plate of food for herself.

Juola forked the plantain and egg together and brought it to his mouth and started eating slowly. Ike who had taken a little portion for herself finished before Juola and walked towards the fridge before bringing out a bowl of ice cream.

"I like taking ice cream a lot. I also like taking them after a meal" Ike said in the hope that Juola wouldn't ask her any questions.

Juola raised an eyebrow at her "I wasn't going to ask you anything" Juola said as Ike turned to him and swallowed her saliva.

"There's a lot in the fridge, do you want?" Ike asked trying to lift the awkward atmosphere.

"Nope. I'm fine" Juola said as he dropped his fork.

"I'm done" he added as Ike nodded.

"Okay. Let me finish my ice cream" Ike said as Juola brought out his phone and barely had he unlocked it when it started ringing.

Juola rolled his eyes as he picked the call and pressed the phone towards his ear.

"Heyy" Juola said into the phone.

"I made another flavour entirely. Peach and Lemon this time around. You know you give me the best reviews right? Are you at home? I'll have someone send it over" Dare said as Juola furrowed his brows.

"Don't you have something else to do than make ice cream recipes?" Juola asked as Ike turned to him.

"Ayii.... And did Ike come today? I want to give her one too. Her review was so nice, I made the necessary adjustments too" Dare said as Juola turned to Ike who was already staring at him.

"Nah. She didn't come today and I'm not at home" Juola replied.

"You are not at home? Where did you go?" Dare asked.

"Ike's" Juola replied as a small smile tugged at his lips.

"Hey! I just asked you if she was there. Did you have to mess with me?" Dare asked as Juola let out a soft chuckle.

"You asked if she came to my house not if she was here" Juola replied as Dare hissed.

"Fuck your crazy logic" Dare breathed.

"Send me her address" Dare added as Juola chuckled again.

"That's Dare ehn?" Ike asked as soon as Juola ended the call.

"Yeah" Juola replied as he noticed that Ike had finished the bowl of ice cream.

"He's sending a bowl of ice cream?" Ike asked in delight as Juola turned to her.

"You like ice cream that much?" Juola asked as Ike nodded.

"I love them" Ike cooed as Juola laughed lightly and shook his head.

"Yeah.  He made a new flavour and needs reviews" Juola said as he slid his phone back into his pocket.

"Wow" Ike cooed again as she packed the plates.

"I'll be back. I need to wash the plates" Ike said as Juola collected the tray from her.

"Let me help" Juola said as he stood up and removed his outer shirt revealing the shirt hand white round neck top he wore underneath.

"You don't like SpongeBob?" Juola asked as Ike shrugged and nodded.

"The guy is actually annoying in a way. He has so much energy and puts mine to shame" Ike replied as Juola laughed amused.

"So its not that you don't like SpongeBob, you are jealous of him?" Juola asked as Ike laughed and shook her head.

"No, I'm not" Ike replied as Juola shook his head laughing.

"This has to be the most hilarious thing I've heard in my entire life. You are jealous of a cartoon character? An inanimate object? Someone born out of pure imagination? Babe, you've got to be kidding me" Juola said as he burst into laughter over the sink while Ike stared at him.

So it was true; that people looked a lot more beautiul when they laughed. Ike laughed as she folded her arms.

"So what it I'm jealous? What's wrong with being jealous?" Ike asked as Juola turned to her.

"Of course there's nothing wrong in being jealous. What's hilarious is the object of your jealousy. And what's more, even if you are gonna get jealous of a cartoon character, it SpongeBob?" Juola asked as he laughed again.

"Damn girl; you are hilarious. Seriously hilarious" Juola added as he rinsed his hands and grabbed the napkin to wipe his hand, an amused smile still on his face.

"You watch Cartoons?" Ike asked as Juola nodded his head.

"A few though. Spies in Disguise, Onward, Over the Moon, Fearless, Ivan, White Snake, Trolls, Sing, Boss Baby, The Lego Series, Ne Zha and lots more" Juola asked as Ike walked up to him her eyes shining as she stretched her hands towards him.

"Can we be friends? I love cartoons!" Ike cooed as Juola stared at her before bursting into laughter again.

"Thanks for today" Ike said as Juola nodded as he threw his bag at the back seat and opened the driver's door.

"I'll mail the PDF to you so that you can make the adequate corrections to it before we submit it on Monday" Juola said and Ike nodded as she played with her fingers.

She didn't want him to go but she had no reason to hold him down either. She pursed her lips thinking of something to hold him down for some minutes when Juola got into the driver seat and started the car.

Ike watched him as he reversed the car and Lade opened the gate. The car came to a slow stop beside Ike as Juola wounded down the glass.

"Hey" Juola called as Ike looked at him expectant.

"Thank you for today" Juola said slowly as he turned to the steering wheel before turning to Ike again.

"I've not had that much fun in a while. Thank you. See you on Monday" Juola added.