Year 7: Stay Close

We stood at the camp ground we had spent the day at. The tent had been packed up and everything that would leave a trace of us being here. The silence that hung between all of us was so heavy, but I tried my best to ignore it. I pulled my bag over my shoulders and looked between the four of them.

I saw the locket around Draco's neck and I eyed him for a moment. I wore it for the few hours we gathered our things and I hardly spoke to anyone. I knew I was irritable so I kept to my own, but Draco could see it was bothering me. He put it on to help alleviate the pain and I appreciated it, but I knew it would only mean it would make him angrier.

"Ready?" Harry asked and we all nodded. He reached his hand out and Hermione and Ron took it. Draco reached his hand out and I slowly reached out to grab it as well.

I felt my body rip from the space around me and I felt that familiar feeling of that unsettling stretching as we moved to a different location. I heard Ron crying out in pain as we almost traveled through the air. I felt hands gripping on my own for dear life as I held onto Draco.

I felt my body smack the ground and once again the wind was knocked out of me. I felt a body smack on top of me and I let out a whale as I felt my ribs nearly cracked against the hard ground. I curled into a ball to absorb the pain and hopefully protect myself from anymore injuries. I heard groans and pains from all over the area around me but my ears were ringing as I laid there defenseless.

"Harry what we're you doing we could have gotten splinched!" Hermione yelled upset and I didn't even understand what had happened. It all came and left so quickly I didn't have time to process anything. "You can't change destination like that! That's what happened to Ron!"

"I couldn't help it Hermione, I saw him, I saw him! He was in my head, I didn't want him to follow us!" He should next to me clearly the one who landed on top of me.

"Is everyone okay?" Ron asked and I heard everyone reply and to my relief Draco had replied. I however didn't have the breath to answer.

"Aurora!" I heard Draco shout and he was at my side in seconds. I felt his hands on my arm turning me onto my back. I cried out in pain and my eyes looked up to see Draco and a blue-grey sky above me. I saw Ron drop to his knees next to me as well and take my other arm in his hand.

"My ribs." I said weakly hardly coming out as more than a croak.

"I landed on her as we came in, there was nothing I could do." Harry said scrambling to his feet beside me.

"Way to go Potter." Draco snapped.

"Would you like to be in charge of the portkey next time?" Harry snapped.

"Gladly, I'd like to make sure we can travel without hurting our own because clearly you have a track record!" He spat back.

"Will both of you shut it!" I said as I laid there and the sudden yelling caused me to wince in pain.

"She needs to sit up." Ron said sliding his hand under my back to help brace me. He started to pull me up and I was in serious pain, but he was being as gentle as I could expect him to be.

"Get your hands off of her!" Draco snapped and he yanked me back and I screamed again in pain and I curled up again.

"Draco get away! You're hurting her!" Hermione said pulling at his shoulder.

"Stop yelling." I said as loud as I could without inflicting pain.

"I'm sorry alright." Harry said next to Draco. "Listen help me get the protection spell for the camp. Hermione and Ron help her and get that tent up so we can fix her ribs. We can't afford to be injured incase they track us here and we need to move quickly."