Year 7: Bon Voyage

My knees hit the floor and my ears were filled with sounds of constant chatter. I looked up to see people swarming around me. I clutched onto my bag tightly before I felt a hand grab my shoulder and I swung around to grab it. My eyes were met with a random man standing over me.

"Ma'am are you okay?" I heard and I stood frozen unsure if he was grabbing me or helping me.

"I'm fine." I said rising to my feet and stepping back away from him.

I turned away from him and started walking in the opposite direction. My eyes looked around for the trio who had gone before me. I was overwhelmed with the numbers of people swarming the immediate area was insane. I was used to crowds as we fled to our dorms after dreaded meals, but this was nothing in comparison.

I had very few interactions with the human world and hadn't seen much, but this place was so peculiar. There seemed to be no order or pattern to the ways they were traveling, only chaos. Muffled murmurs bounced off the tall ceilings and I couldn't make out any one sentence for more than the few seconds as each person passed.

I flipped around and I felt my self starting to panic. I had never been to this part of London, train travel was quite mundane and inefficient for wizards and witches. What if I had gone to the wrong place or took too long to travel. Just as my anxiety was peaking I was flipped around and I was met with Draco's wild eyes. He was out of breath and red faced with panicked eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked gripping me tightly. I nodded quickly seeing Zara and Blaise following quickly behind. "What took you so long?"

"I don't know." I said and Draco look at me quite confused. However, Blaise spoke up before he could.

"Come on, the train to Zara's flat is about to leave and we can't afford to miss it." He said frantically. "The next one won't be here for another hour."

Blaise started pulling Zara towards the platform. I looked to Draco knowing he didn't believe me, but we quickly followed Blaise and Zara. We pushed through the crowds of people and towards the trains.

They were far more crowded and half as nice as the train to Hogwarts. I supposed I'd been living in luxury the last few years. I saw people in business suits and work uniforms as they held onto the standing rails. It smelt dirty and stale on the train, but I supposed with it this crammed cleaning wasn't really a thing.

I stumbled back as the train doors closed and it took off. I looked to Draco and he placed a hand on my lower back and I saw his eyes go to my hair and his eyes filled with visible confusion. He however didn't utter a word, but public transportation wasn't exactly the place for it.

"We should just be the next stop, my mother lives just outside of London in Camden." Zara said quietly. "I'm not sure what she's going to say about all of us being there. I guess the school had sent her a letter about a mass illness wiping through the school so no visits home would be allowed until things subsided."

"Interesting, I suppose that's one way to put it." Draco said shaking his head.

"Well let's not strike the fear of bringing a plague into her house." Blaise said chiming in.

"You already look like the fear of god was struck into you Blaise, meeting mum a bit nerve wrecking eh?" Draco asked and for the first time in a while a small smirk spread across his face.

"On second thought perhaps I should wait outside." Blaise said frightfully.

"No way, you have to meet my mom." Zara said. "She's going to love you anyways."