Year 6: Suspect

We went several days hardly hearing anything but gossip. Most rumors spoke of it being the responsibility of the Dark Lord. I hadn't heard a thing regarding us and no headmasters had confronted any of us. I was thankful it was pretty much left to be a mystery, but it just meant we needed to be quiet until we had a better plan.

The Dark Lord wasn't happy with what we had done, but he was at least happy about us making progress. He said we couldn't afford to have another slip up like that. Draco had made small progress on the cabinet so I'm sure that was what saved us from getting in too much trouble.

We were sat at breakfast and we had all taken notice that Katie had come to eat as well. She had been in the infirmary for several days so this was the first time anyone had seen her. I saw sat next to Draco who ate quietly seemingly ignoring her as she came down the isle to sit.

I was exhausted due to the fact that Draco and I had been with the cabinet until practically the sunrise. I had slept primarily on the couch in the room of requirement because I stayed with him pretty much any chance I got. Draco had woken me only half an hour ago to attend breakfast. I wanted to skip it, but he dragged me along and I was too tired to do anything about it.

I had caught myself dozing off several times and I even had to stop myself from falling over. I caught my head falling onto his shoulder and I quickly stopped myself. He didn't say much about it, but I just wanted to get through breakfast. I had enough exams today to worry about I needed to just push through.

"Guys." Blaise said from across the table and we both turned to look and Harry was talking to Katie. She looked upset and I felt Draco shift next to me. He stood up abruptly and my eyes shot to him. He was watching Potter and the girl and I was freaking out unsure of what he was doing.

I saw Harry turn around and look to Draco before Draco turned off and practically sped walk out of the hall. I looked to Blaise and Crab who'd been watching this as well. Harry followed him without another word to Katie. She looked worried but more confused than anything.

I could see several people had watched this exchange, but most hadn't even paid attention. I gripped my wand at my side tightly and looked to Blaise. He looked worried as well, but we all couldn't go follow.

"Stay here." I said sharply before standing up to walk to follow the two who were well gone by now.

I scurried along and caught sight of Harry turning a corner and I followed pushing past students who were running in late to breakfast. I turned the corner and saw no one. Not even a regular student. I ran down the hall clutching my wand ready to throw a spell when needed. I hurried down the hall and checked the other end.

I looked both ways but nothing was there. They had just vanished. I was about to run further down the hall incase they had just ran faster than I had, but the sound of glass breaking caused me to snap around. I rushed back towards where the sound had been coming and it was the boys bathroom. I prayed no one was looking and I pushed myself through.

The bathroom was being flooded from what I could see down the hallway. I rushed forward and I stopped in my tracks when I saw Harry looking at Draco. They didn't know I was here, or at least Harry didn't. His back was towards me and he rose his wand up. I did as well to hopefully disarm him before he could cast his spell but I didn't make it.

"Sectumsempra!" He shouted and Draco slammed against the floor.

I was about to run forward and I felt a hand push at my shoulder. I turned to see Snape. He pushed me into the stall next to me and shut the door. I watched through the crack as he walked forward towards the two boys. I nudged my head further  out from behind the door desperate to see what had happened. He walked right past Potter and towards Draco who was bleeding out on the floor. I had seen injuries before, but his shirt was being soaked in blood not to mention the red water surrounding him.