Year 4: The Meeting

I got myself settled and I came back out into the bedroom. Draco was sat on the edge of the bed when I had left him when I went in. I crossed my arms awkwardly being a little more composed now. He gave me a small nod and I returned it. He rose to his feet and gestured for me to follow him out of the room and so I did.

We walked through the halls passing a few house elves, but neither of our parents seemed to be around. I trailed closely behind him as we walked to the meeting room alone. We didn't speak again once I left the bathroom which was probably for the best. Anymore talking would just cause me to get worked up again. We were about to walk in and Draco stopped at the door and looked down to me.

He was normally a pale person, but he looked almost ghastly white. The color from his face was replaced with a white sheet of fear. He held his arm out and I took it in silence. I gripped onto his arm much tighter than I intended to. I just needed to let out my tension somewhere. I would have normally pushed him away, but right now we needed to do as the Dark Lord would want.

He pushed the door open and I saw the Dark Lord sat at a large desk almost as if he was waiting for us. We entered and sat down at the desk and looked to him to speak first. I was reluctant to let go of him, but I knew I had to. I sat down and crossed my legs as I was little more awake now. I was however only awake because the fear of death hung over my head like clouds.

"I take you both had a good semester?" He asked slowly and we both nodded quickly. "Your grades were both highly acceptable, I'm very pleased with how you both have grown up. I take it you've both been more aquatinted this year being at the same school and house, yes?"

"Yes my lord we have." He said immediately and I looked to him and faked a smile, as did he.

I had no idea what Draco had done the last 6 months, we had hardly spoken. I was more concerned with my friends and my studies than what trouble he was getting into. I often saw him skipping classes, bullying students, and slacking off in the common room with his little brigade of followers. He was often someone I brushed off and avoided.

"What a lovely necklace Aurora." He said with a smile on his face. I almost stopped breathing when he addressed me, however I quickly composed myself. No matter how scared I was I didn't want him to see that.

"Thank you my Lord, it was a gift from Draco." I said quickly and I felt Draco's eyes on me.

"Wonderful, I'm glad you both have come together after all these years." He said.

"As am I." Draco replied and I felt his hand grab my mine. I instinctively wanted to pull away, but I let him grab it and intertwine our fingers. His hands felt cold in my own and it only made me more on edge.

"I think you two should stay close, you both are very powerful up and coming wizards." He said and something shifted in his face as he rose to his feet. "With my presence become more evident I think it's important I keep people I trust close."

"I'm not sure what you mean my Lord." He spoke nervously. I felt him squeeze my hand nervously and I squeezed it back trying to at least comfort him a little. As much as I would love to see him act like an idiot I didn't want him to get in trouble right now because with how it was looking, we were a packaged deal.

"You both turn 16 next year. I think I see it fit that you both follow your parents. Get your dark marks and join my personnel. I know Dumbledoor has something planned and I need someone on the inside, I think as a team you both will do just great." He said walking around behind both of us. I got unsettled as he left my view. "Get me information about what he's planning and report back at the end of the year. During the summer, you both will have earned your place at my side."