Year 7: The Sword

"Hermione!" I heard from outside the tent. I lifted my head and saw Hermione half asleep doing the same. She also was just woken up. "Hermione come here!"

She pushed up in her bed and I followed unsure of what the hell was going on. It didn't sound like anything was wrong more like he had found something. I swiftly put on my shoes and we both ran out of the tent.

I ran up the hill and we both slowed down as we realized what Harry as been calling her for. I looked to her to gauge her reaction like everyone was. She wore a blank face as she looked at the person in front of us.

"Hey." Ron said wearing a huge smile and to my surprise holding the sword of Gryffindor and a destroyed Horcrux. I had no idea how that happened whilst we slept, but I'm sure I'd hear about it soon.

She stormed forward and I walked closer to Harry and Draco cause she was clearly upset. She stomped up to him and grabbed his bag and tore it from his shoulder and shoved him back wards.

"You complete ass Ronald Weasley!" She shouted as she picked up a handful on leaves and threw it at him. "You show up here after weeks! Months! And you say hey?"

Ron's smile quickly left his face as he realized she was not happy to see him. Silence stood between us all she we jumped when she flipped backwards. She looked to Harry with eyes that could have murdered.

"Where's my wand?" She said storming towards him now. "Harry Potter you give me my wand."'

"I don't have it." He said nearly slamming back against a tree.

"How come he's got your wand?" Ron asked.

"Never mind why he's got my wand." She said nearly out of breath from being furious. "What is that?"

Her eyes were locked on to the broken locket. We had been wearing it for weeks now without him and suddenly he turns up with it nearly broke in half and wielding the sword of Gryffindor.

"You destroyed it." She said looking at him blankly. "And how is it you just happen to have the sword of Gryffindor?"

"It's a long story." Draco said and I looked to him confused on why he was speaking up. I had done nothing and even I was scared of her right now.

"Don't think this changes anything." She said flipping away from him.

"Of course, not I only just destroyed a bloody Horcrux why would that change anything?" Ron said and I tensed knowing that his best bet was to just shut it and let her be upset with him. "Look I wanted to come back as soon as I left. I just didn't know how to find you."

"Yeah, how did you find us?" I asked him because there is no way it was just by luck.

"The illuminator, it doesn't just turn off lights. I don't know how it works, but Christmas morning I was sleeping in this little pub hiding from some snatchers and I heard it." He said holding out the item.

"It?" Harry asked.

"A voice," Ron said holding it out. "Your voice Hermione, coming out of here."

"And what exactly did I say may I ask?" She asked crossing her arms.

"My name, just my name." He said. "Like a whisper. So I took it and I clicked it and this little tiny ball of light appeared and I knew. I knew I had to follow it. It shot straight through my chest and I knew it was going to take me where I needed to go and it did."

Hermione looked at him a long moment before storming back off towards the tent. No one chased after her and that was likely for the better. We all helped Ron get his stuff and he gave me a big hug. He handed me the locket and explain how he had found Harry in the pond and they had found the sword and destroyed the Horcrux.