Battle of Hogwarts: Stand Up

I stood next to Luna and Cho in the great hall and I could see Draco with his head low. His bright white hair could be seen from anywhere in the room, but they purposely placed him next to other blonde Hufflepuffs so he didn't stick out. I could feel my hands sweating as I stood there feeling the tension the others likely felt every day being here.

I could see the trio standing among other Gryffindors. They blended in fairly well as long as someone wasn't digging however, Hermione and I had to pull back out hair because her frizzy brown and my bright red could be easily recognizable. Snape stormed to the front of the hall through the center of the groups of students.

The great hall was dead silent as it never was. It was always filled with chatter and gossip growing up. Yet now the only thing I heard was the sounds of his shoes hitting the stone floor and his robes flying in the wind as we walked. He stopped on the front steps as the Carrows' Neville had spoken about stood behind him ominously.

"Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you at this hour... it has come to my attention that earlier this evening Harry Potter was spotted in Hogsmead." Snape said and chatter broke out immediately. "Now anyone, student or staff, who attempts to aid Mr.Potter, they will be punished in a manner consistent with the severity of their transgression. Furthermore, any person found to have knowledge of these events who fails to come forward will be treated as equally guilty."

He waited a moment and the students all stood silent. I highly doubt anyone would speak up against them right now aside form the Slytherin house, but anyone from that house who did know he was here knew Draco and I were as well so hopefully that was enough.

"Now, if anyone here has any knowledge of Mr.Potters movements this evening I invite them to step forward... now." He said as he walked forward and he was awfully close to Draco.

He didn't seem to notice Harry and the others, but you could tell he was looking to the Gryffindor house. Fortunately Harry and them were far in the back where he likely couldn't see them. I stayed tense trying to stay put like the others, but I knew all hell was to break loose.

"It's seems despite your exhaustive defensive strategies we still have a bit of a security problem headmaster." Harry said as he did the doors opened to the members of the Order and I knew this was our time.

I stepped out of the crowds as did Draco on the opposite side and we held our wands up at Snape as he looked to us all. I saw the faces of my old house as they saw Draco and I defending Harry and I half way felt as though I had betrayed them. I wanted to worry and be filled with guilt, but I knew I was doing the right thing. I was standing up for this school, and most importantly for myself.

I hoped Snape only knew I would never cast a spell on him to truly harm him, but I had to defend Harry and show the others I was faithful. He knew why we left and I knew he had to disagree with us and fight us to please Voldemort. I was now behind Harry beside Ron and Draco stood next to Hermione. I saw several students pull out their wands to defend us and that only made me stand taller, knowing we weren't alone.

"I'm afraid it's quite extensive." Harry said and I looked to see dozens of order members and familiar faces behind us. "How dare you stand where he stood! Tell them how it happened that night! Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you and killed him. Tell them!"

Snape seemingly tensed and he held up his wand and every student standing around us backed up,but Draco and I jumped forward to cover Harry. I looked to Draco out of the corner of my eye then I turned to Snape. I flicked my wand and shot at him and he blocked it. Draco did the same and I followed suit and he was only able to block Draco's. Mine didn't quite hit him, but it sent him stumbling back clearly caught of guard.