Year 6: Cruciatus

I walked to the hallway in which I was supposed to wait for Draco. He would do what Voldemort had asked of us and hopefully someone would walk by and find me to report it to someone. There was so much that could go wrong and I just prayed he didn't get caught up in it if it does. With Dumbledoor suspecting Draco he sure better hope this solidifies his innocence.

I walked up to the window I was supposed to meet him at and I sat down and played with my fingers. A few students walked past, but most people would be heading back, curfew was in an hour. We wanted to pick somewhere that someone could organically find me, but also so there wasn't so much traffic that we could risk someone seeing him attack me.

I looked up after a few moments to see someone walking by with their hood up. I knew instantly it was Draco. I tensed as I sat there as he approached. Sweat began to build up in my palms. My shoulders tensed as I rose to my feet. I saw the quick flash of his eyes as he looked towards me. He slowed down as he came closer to me and I wasn't sure what to expect.

He could cast his spell inches away from me, but I didn't know what was next. He came to stand in front of me and he looked down and my eyes were glued to his wand. It wasn't ready to cast a spell, but it shook in his hands.

"Draco what are you doing?" I asked him because we couldn't just stand here out in the open, someone could watch him do this.

"Aurora please don't make me do this." He said in a shaky voice.

"Draco you can't just stand out here, please just do it." I said sounding just as scared.

"Aurora, I can't." He said grabbing my arm.

"You have to." I insisted. "Please, just get it over with."

"I'm so sorry." He said pressing his forehead against mine. I closed my eyes and relaxed for just a second. "Crucio."

Then, just like that, everything was gone.

Everything was black my head was empty and I seemed to be stuck in darkness. My head started to grown in pain almost as if my mind was splitting. I didn't know where I was or what was going on. It felt like hot knives were being stabbed into me. I'm sure I was screaming, if my body was even conscious or alive anymore I surely had to be screaming loud enough for the whole school to hear.

Everything hurt, everything was on fire and I couldn't take it. My mind told me to run, but I physically couldn't feel my own bones. I couldn't feel my own body. All I had felt was pure unforgivable pain. This had made whatever Voldemort had done seem like child's play.

I had never had a curse that serious thrown at me, I had studied them for so long, but had never experienced the effects of an unforgivable curse. I never thought I would have to, but I now see why they are classified this way. This was more painful than I thought anyone could ever endure.

I felt the pain get worse, but it started to dissipate in a sense. I was loosing what little consciousness I did have. I knew now what they had meant when they described this as worse than death because I craved the sweet release. I felt all my feelings leave my body not knowing if they'd ever come back.

I felt a heavy weight on my forehead as I started to come into consciousness. I scrunched my eyebrows feeling pain radiating through my body. I fought to open up my eyes and I woke to see myself inside the infirmary. It wasn't too bright in the room so my eyes weren't immediately blinded. I felt waves of dizziness hit me and my vision got a little blurry.

I squeezed my eyes shut for a moment and I felt my hands grabbed. I opened my eyes to see a nurse looking down at me. She looked surprised and immediately rushed away from the bed. I rubbed my eyes and tried to push myself up into a sitting position. I looked to see several people rushing to my bed side. The nurse came to my side and tried to help me sit up.