Twelve

Disclaimer:
I do not own the characters from the queens gambit, but if I did King would become the main character. Probably the star of the show.

Song of the chapter: Reflections by The Neighbourhood

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗘𝗟𝗩𝗘

•The door they had chosen solely off its color years ago, stood before Thea, now looking more intimidating instead of weak, as it had when they first purchased the apartment

The door they had chosen solely off its color years ago, stood before Thea, now looking more intimidating instead of weak, as it had when they first purchased the apartment.

Dark green had always been Thea's favorite color, and Jolene had given into the drafty apartment just because that of Theas needs were met. Thea found beauty in the ugliest of things, beauty where there was none to be found and Jolene could not compete with Theas love for the terrible apartment. But, Thea who stared at the door she had cherished all those years, its greenwood smelling of home, now gave sickness to her stomach. Green was supposed to bring calm, not this feeling of menace.

The door might as well have been red at that moment though, because the nervous liquid coursing through her veins, was now only boiling. Her body heated up with her irritation, as she then managed the courage to shuffle out her keys into the entrance of the lock. With the click of the door, the time had ceased to exist.

With the door swinging open, she rushed to her room, her luggage following her. King had followed, most likely wanting attention from who he missed, but her mind was on other things.

Her mind was on leaving the apartment, in case any of what Beth had told her was true.

Jolene had been in the kitchen, and when she heard the shuffling of the next room over, she assumed either King had gotten into the treat bag, or that Thea was finally home.

"Thea! I had no idea you were coming back early! How was the trip?" Jolene yelled from the kitchen.

Thea could not have been angrier but decided to repress those feelings until she had finished packing. "I'm fine Jo, it was perfectly fine." she snapped back at her.