Seventeen

Disclaimer:
I do not know what this quEns gamberino s3ries on Netflix thingy is but it seems ugly don't watch it

Song of the chapter: All Day and All of the Night by The Kinks

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

•"You'd either love or hate what I do for cash

"You'd either love or hate what I do for cash."

Thea took a breath, her mind racing of possibility as to what he could have been doing for a living. Chess could pay the bills, but to live in New York he would have needed another job. It's not like he left the apartment often, and he didn't seem to have very many friends as far as Thea knew. At least, she hadn't met any of them.

"Is this where you tell me you're kidnapping me and putting me up for ransom? Considering- you know- I don't have any cash whatsoever and you're a very secretive cowboy. Might as well call you super-secret-evil-wild-kidnapper-cowboy-person" She giggled.

He sat dumbfounded, wondering where she thought of all these crazy ideas. It was refreshing, hearing her not be so serious all of the time. He liked seeing her happier than she was before, but he shook away the smile creeping upon his face and tried to suppress any feeling of joy.

Thea saw his serious face and stopped her laughter.

He tried to not look so ashamed as he mustered up a sentence. "Have you ever heard of speed chess?"

She shook her head indicating that she did not.

"I don't know why I thought you would. It's basically regular chess, but each player has less time to consider their moves. To get to the point, some say I'm the best speed chess player in the world."

Thea rolled her eyes at his nonchalance, knowing he was trying to show off to her. It was impressive, but she would never tell. Not at least until she saw him play.