Seven

Thank you. So much. For 1k reads!!! Instead of doing my homework I wrote this filler chapter as a thank you, even though I sorta planned it for tomorrow. I am so so grateful:)

Disclaimer:
TW- really mf cute cat <3

Song of the chapter: Blackbird by the Beatles

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

Ultracrepidarians.

Thea despised ultracrepidarians.

People who give opinions on subjects they know nothing about.

And when she had to work, she dealt with one too many.

Especially her boss.

Coming back from her trip to Las Vegas, after impressing thousands of people at the tournament, was apparently not impressive enough.

"Sure you impressed a few people, it doesn't mean you're any good! Art is something you have to nurture, take care of like a child, and raise to perfection. It isn't spurts of motivation that create stunning pieces. It's time, planning and effort. And the shit you pulled, that colorful board- it wasn't the plan! And art must stick to basic fundamental rules..." he babbled.

He went on and on, lecturing her on what was considered right and wrong, and how awful her piece was! Not like it impressed a thousands of people, and received genuine compliments from critics. It made her delighted, knowing people cherished what she was passionate about. It wasn't something she was used to, getting that much recognition.

She fixated her eyes upon anything other than her boss in the all white one floor studio, mostly on the other aspiring artists running around trying to fit in time to create while getting coffee for corporate's officers. They had taken the craft very seriously at the workplace, but Thea had hated everything about it- besides the actual art part. She hated the social hierarchy of boss to janitor, where everyone treated who could control their paycheck like royalty. Smartass suck ups. She was lucky that she wasn't forced to be an intern, one who begged their bosses for money masked with compliments- she had more respect for herself than that.

At least she wasn't a suck up to her boss, who was now obviously irritated, waving her out of her trance, explaining "You know I should fire you for not even paying attention to me, considering I am your boss." He sighed, not being able to contain his temper, not like he attempted to hide it anyway. "Corporate wants to give you more projects. For some reason they liked the attention that your mural got and want you to do more. Not so much far away though, because you obviously couldn't act your age due to the many complaints we received from your unprofessionalism."