Ten

Disclaimer:
I do not own the characters in the queens gambit, but if I did beltik and Townes would be evil elves at Santa's workshop that no one liked.

Song of the chapter: Carolina by Harry Styles

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡

•Washing off regrets with hot water was easier said than done, especially in the room of the arrogant Benny Watts

Washing off regrets with hot water was easier said than done, especially in the room of the arrogant Benny Watts. And although she was warming up to him, like the water in her shower, she could not stand his ego. He was too similar to her- too proud and far too confident.

Hearing his obnoxious ragged breaths of sleep was even worse, but she somehow couldn't keep her mind off him. It was weird to her how she was completely bare in the sage colored bathroom separated by just a thin wall to the sleeping Benny.

Turning off the shower left a silence, no longer filled by the water rushing down the drain, or the loud breaths of Benny next door. It was too quiet for comfort.

She only heard the occasional drip from the showerhead, slowing, slowing down within each drop. Time was so odd to Thea. A social construct that shouldn't have been so vital for survival, something that made her uncomfortable that the world depended on far too much.

She tore the shower curtain open, feeling refreshed now that her hair wasn't so oily, and she wound not so dirty. She felt somewhat put together, still in immense pain by clutching her body, but put together considering the circumstances. Having no idea what time it was, she felt tired, but not tired enough to need to sleep. It could have been four in the morning or three in the afternoon.

She didn't want to leave the shower a mess, so she searched for a towel to stop the red-tinted water from continuing to pool on the ground. She hated she was so vulnerable in front of him, that he had seen her weak. She hated even more that she had been stabbed by that absolute douchebag- Beltik. He would not be happy to see Thea again, but she wasn't scared of him, just ready to make it a fair fight. She was eager to use her own weapon if needed.

Realizing how awful of a state of mind she had been in earlier, came with the plague of forgetting to bring new clothes into the shower with her, much less a towel. She groaned, annoyed she would have to ask Benny to do something for her again.

"Benny?" she asked, not wanting to piss him off any further than he already was. Not that he should be, considering he is the reason Thea got stabbed. Very, painfully stabbed.

Getting no response, she huffed, assuming he was still asleep like a lazy human being he was.

She decided to take a risk, and find a towel herself, whilst being completely naked. He definitely wouldn't see her because he was sleeping anyway, and she could easily slip in and out of the room, and back into the safety of the bathroom. The question was, where were the towels?