Fifteen

Disclaimer:
I do not own the characters in the queens gambit, but if I did, Jolene and Beth would've ended up together.... :)

Song of the chapter: Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest (Highly suggest listening to when relevant to the story)

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

•"You know I'd probably be way nicer to you if you just gave me my coat back!" Thea yelled over her shoulder, trying to focus

"You know I'd probably be way nicer to you if you just gave me my coat back!" Thea yelled over her shoulder, trying to focus. As required in their deal for Theas new living arrangements, she had to paint pictures for his apartment. Though, she didn't mind, and often quite enjoyed it maybe more than she expected, except for when Benny would rudely interrupt her.

"I still don't see why I can't get a nice response to if you want toast with your eggs without you making fun of my cooking."

"Your cooking is terrible."

In truth, his cooking wasn't totally terrible, just barely edible.

"I don't see how that has to do with my coat." He shrugged, allowing his floppy blonde morning mop of hair to dishevel even more than it was before.

Thea looked away from concentration on the painting of a luscious green rainforest, filled with jaguars and bright pink parrots flocking about. She patted her hands on her lap and struggled to rise from her stool without making a mess of the paints, cans filled to the brim of the colors avocado, ash, azure, amber, and alabaster, and of course a dark, royal blue to fill in the gaps of the night sky. She took a moment to look at her work, the one by three-foot template and sighed.

No painting would ever be good enough to reach her standards. She almost wished that she hadn't grown up with such a fascination for art and the world, because now her expectations were as high as the clouds, maybe higher.

She turned away from the canvas, not wanting to critique it any longer, and took strides towards the table, two chairs begging to be sat on.