Eight

Disclaimer:
I busted my ass yesterday while sledding because I slammed into a tree, so if I owned the characters in TQG, I would make Mrs. Wheatley go sledding with me <3

Song of the chapter- Venus by Shocking Blue

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

•Finding herself breathing in the aroma of chess pieces moving from square to square was something only described at hiraeth

Finding herself breathing in the aroma of chess pieces moving from square to square was something only described at hiraeth. A homesickness for a home to which she could not return, a memory that may not have ever existed, but liked to believe that did. Maybe one that consisted of her having a father that adored her more than she, and a mother who stayed, playing chess, like the cunning masters they had potential to be.

Pushing the thought out of her head, it hit her she was in the vast land of Kentucky, the last place she ever thought she would be. If only she could romanticize gambling on chess players in any other destination. And with that, she daydreamed of leaving everything behind to visit Paris.

"I must be damned if that's Mrs. No-last-name" the southern accent from behind her coolly dictated.

Turning around to watch his arms, crossed, leaning against the banister, Thea gasped out of shock for his abruptness, shaking for just a moment in her fitted navy blue dress.

"You scared me, asshole!" Thea lectured, placing her hand against her head

Ignoring her struggle, he paused before responding, scanning her from head to toe, and back up again, realizing he had been observing her a moment too long.

"I guess I'm going to hell" he muttered, as Thea gave him a quizzical look, realizing how hot the room was.

He taunted, "I'm guessing you came here to see me. Which is not surprising, I knew you would have to take me up on my offer because you missed me."