Fourteen

Disclaimer:
I do not own the characters in the queen's gambit, but I did use some dialogue from the book/show for this chapter ;).

Song of the chapter: Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High? by the Arctic Monkeys

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡

•They were in silence as Thea tried to muster up the courage to tell him what had happened

They were in silence as Thea tried to muster up the courage to tell him what had happened. Even though he was a complete asshole for getting in her business, he did technically save her, which she was beyond pissed by.

Thea hated to be his "damsel in distress". Or anyone's, for that matter. She was an independent, strong woman who didn't need the help of another to get what she needed to accomplish. She had always fought through her life on her own, even if there were many to support and surround her. She didn't need them, and she especially did not need the US Chess Champion, Benny Watts.

Despite his recent aggressive behavior, he was quite patient once he sat her down to talk about what had gone so wrong that she had needed to sleep outside.

If you don't remember- Thea like the smart being she is, slept on a bench in the park that so happened to be walking distance from Benny's home. I would say it's quite a convenient situation! Thea on the other hand would disagree.

It is safe to say this woman has gone mad.

It had been a few moments after they had attempted at finding comfort on his apartment floor, and with just pillows and a leather chair for furniture.

Thea felt the hard, frigid, cement under her bare skin, and shivered at the slightest of touch. She wasn't in any sheer or small clothing, but the cold seemed to transplant onto her trousers, causing her to wrap her arms together to warm herself up. The act was useless though, for she was in her lace camisole. You can count on Thea to wear the right clothes for the right occasions.