Venti x reader ( crying over fav character death💔‼️ )

A/N: stupid green midget is taller than me 😐 man what I've been slandering him for his height and he is gonna be taller⁉️⁉️⁉️
Anyways this idea is not my own, I just wrote it out and added onto it because I think it's cute and it's something Venti would totally do

"NOO!!" I screamed out as I watched my favorite character fall to the ground, lifeless. Nothing hurts more than finding a new comfort character you hyper-fixated onto only to watch them die later on in the series.

"Man I hate it here," I sniffled as tears began to run down my face. I was crying. Over a fictional character. It sounds ridiculous, but it hurts.

"Why are you crying? Are you okay?" A voice piped up from my doorway.

I looked up to see Venti, the small bard standing there.

"My favorite character just dropped dead! Dead I tell you, dead!!" I said between sobs as I brought my hands up to wipe my tears.

Venti stood there, watching me as he began to bust out laughing.

"It's a fictional character! They aren't even real, why would you cry over something like that? Are you on your period?"

How rude and uncalled for. I watched the boy as he clutched onto his stomach, laughing at my misery.

"Can't you at least try and be more sympathetic? I'm not even on my period!!" I yelled at the boy as my show continued playing in the background.

After the boy seemed to finally finish his fit of laughter and regain his composure he brought his head back up to look at me.

"I'm afraid I don't understand how you're feeling."

I huffed at the boy, turning back towards the screen while I sniffled.

I heard Venti sigh, followed by slow footsteps coming in my direction.

"No, no you stay away," I objected as I looked the opposite way from Venti.

The boy grabbed me and pulled me towards him into his embrace while I argued. He rested his head on top of mine as he brought his hand up to pet the side of my hair.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you more than you already were, I just don't understand why someone would cry over the death of someone who isn't real."

I never responded back, instead I just let Venti hug me. Whenever I sniffled the boy would give me a small squeeze while we sat in silence.

Once I calmed down again, Venti decided to join me in watching my favorite show since he felt bad for laughing earlier.
I rested my head on Venti's shoulder as he wrapped an arm around me, holding me closer to him.

"You're so mean Venti," I mumbled, still remembering how he reacted to seeing me cry over my loss.

"I'm sorry, I love you though," the boy apologized with a small giggle.

I let out a small "hmph," causing the boy to giggle once more before kissing the side of my head.