Sad! Venti x reader

( the picture is just showing off the super epic card I got in bandori today😩😩 Kaoru your hand in marriage? I'm very gay for u and ur fleeting self🙏 )

*requested .. I think???*

!!!Contains spoilers from Venti's story quest!!!

"Where is he.." I mumbled as I looked around the empty house. I eventually stopped in front of his room, he had to be here, there was no where else left.

I opened the door, not bothering to knock, which revealed Venti who was sitting on the floor in front of a mirror with his face in his hands. The boy looked over at me and then quickly turned away.

"Venti what's wrong?" I asked as I practically ran over to the boy.

"Please just ignore me right now.. I can't force myself to look at you with a smile and I don't want you to think of me different because of that."

His words broke my heart as they filled my head.

What happened to him?

"You don't have to smile, I wouldn't think of you any differently. What happened?"

The bard turned his small figure towards me as he sniffled.

"I don't deserve you, do I? I'm not who you think I am."

I cupped Venti's face with my hand as I felt a tear fall. I wiped it away with the stroke of my thumb as the boy looked up at me, sniffling.
He looked so small and tired as I stared into his puffy, bloodshot eyes. His nose was now red from crying.

"Venti the form you've taken may not be your own, but your personality is. I love you for who you are ," I tried to console the boy as I started to retract my hand from his face to pull him into a hug. Venti grabbed my hand I had been using to cup his cheek as I pressed it back against his face.

"Please don't let go," the boy begged, his voice barely above a whisper as he looked up at me with a tear stained face.

"I won't," I promised as he nuzzled his cheek into my hand.

I wonder what triggered his train of thoughts. The poor boy felt undeserving of love for what reason?

"Can I hug you now?" I gently asked the boy, which he nodded in response.
I wrapped my free hand around his upper half, pulling him towards me as I shifted my hand that once rested on his cheek to the back of his head. I felt his small frame shake against me as he sobbed. My fingers ran through his dark hair that was soft to the touch.

I slowly rocked the boy side to side as he rested against me until he spoke once more.

"Am I.. valid?"

"Of course you're valid, Venti. You are so valid," I replied to the boy, almost desperately.

"Then why can't I believe it?"

I clutched the boy tighter against me, "I wish you could view yourself from my own eyes. You are deserving of love."

I felt Venti nod against my chest as I rocked side to side with the boy in my arms.

"Sometimes I just wonder if I'm doing the right thing. Is this what he would've wanted?" Venti's voice cracked as he questioned his decisions.

"I'm sure this is what he would've wanted Venti. You aren't a bad person, and you only had the purest intentions. You are truly an angel," I kissed the top of the bard's head as I responded.

"You think I'm an angel?" The boy asked as he looked at me with a small smile that I haven't seen today until just now.

"I know you are," I assured Venti as I watched him rest his body back against me.

"Thank you."

A/n: so I have a test tomorrow and I didn't study at all 😐 I'm gonna fail ohmygod
Time to go watch tiktoks 🙏💯
Update: because I'm very hot, I managed to study off the powerpoints we were given ❤️ if I still fail.. man idk, I'll cry later I guess?😐😒