Venti x reader ( cockroach )

"HELP ME!" I screamed as I stood on top of the counter, grasping onto the nearby cabinet.

"What? What is it?" Venti rushed in the room
frantically. As he eyed my figure, he saw how I was standing on the counter. Venti sighed and crossed his arms as he tilted his head to the side, tapping his foot.

"What happened for you to be standing on the counter? That's unsanitary."

I pointed to the corner of the kitchen, my hand trembling.

"There's a cockroach!" I cried out. Venti looked over and saw the beast staying in place on the floor. He jumped back and ran out of the kitchen, leaving me frozen in place just staring at the bug. I should probably kill it, but honestly bugs of all shapes and sizes scare me. They're so unpredictable I hate it.

Everyone tells me that they're more scared of me than I am of them, like who told you that? The bug? I heard a fast set of footsteps as Venti entered the kitchen once more with a Raid can.

"It's just a cockroach, you'll be okay," Venti spoke out, not confirming if he was talking to me or himself.

He slowly tiptoed over to the spot where the bug was still staying still, and just as he went to spray the beast, it started running.

"VENTI IT'S FLYING HELP!" I screamed as the bug lifted itself into the air, flying in my direction.

"No worries I got this," Venti tried to assure me as he began spraying the air. Once the Raid hit the roach, it descended from the sky, hitting the ground.

I let out a sigh of relief as I slowly sat down on the counter, looking down at the cockroach as it spent it's last few moments wreathing in pain.

"God I hate those things," I shook my head as Venti brought his hands to his hips as he stared at the bug.
The bard grabbed a paper towel then he crouched down on the floor next to the bug, scooping it up as he crushed it.

"Yeah they're pretty gross," he agreed. I watched as the boy threw away the paper towel that contained the dead roach.

Venti washed his hands and when he finished he turned around to face me.

"Alright, off the counter."

I sighed, heaving myself off the counter I was sitting on, "okay mom."

Venti rolled his eyes as he walked past, ruffling my hair.

"If you see another cockroach, it's all on you," he replied, earning a yelp of protest from me.

Venti laughed at my widened eyes, "I'm only kidding," he dismissed, waving his hand as he walked off towards the living room.

A/N: happy turkey day guys ( if you celebrate it ofc )!! I hope everyone had a good day
Thank you sm for 12k reads, it's wild that many people have read my shitty oneshots 🧍‍♀️I will kiss all of you ( with consent ofc 🤺 ) 🙄🔥‼️