Worried! Venti x reader

I came in through the door, feeling slightly fatigued. It was Sunday, which meant I went out early morning to do a bit of.. fencing with Tartaglia. Venti often vocalized his disagreement with the matter because he worried for my safety.

"Hi Venti, I'm back," I called out as I strolled in to the small, but comfortable living room. A little fire was lit on the furnace in the room, dancing on the wooden planks it was fed.

A pair of footsteps approaching in my direction at rapid speeds alerted me the boy had heard my calling. The boy whipped around a corner from the hallway that led into the kitchen. Venti smiled at me as he opened his arms to me, quickening his pace while he rushed towards me. The boy enveloped me into a tight hug— a little too tight as I winced slightly in pain. Upon my sudden movement, Venti withdrew himself away from me, a look of worry now plastered on his face.

"What happened? Are you hurt? I swear if that Tartaglia did th-" the boy started, stumbling upon his words as he spoke quickly. I raised my hands up to about my chest, signaling for him to put a halt to his worrisome rambling.

"It's fine, nothing more then a scratch."

Truth is, it might've been a little worse than that. Tartaglia managed to nail me on my side pretty good while I was caught off guard. I wasn't sure of the damage, but if it's bad I'll never hear the end of it from the bard.

Venti sighed as he looked up at me with pleading eyes, "can I see?"

I shifted my weight as I silently determined my options. It's not that he can't, it's just I'd have to lift up my shirt slightly and I'm uncomfortable with my own body. Rationally I knew that the spot I was hit wasn't high up along my body, meaning I wouldn't have to show much skin, but I still felt insecure exposing myself.

"But, it's on my side.." I mumbled as I averted my eyes away from the boy, my once reassuring and determined attitude faltering as I grabbed the hem of my shirt, tugging it downwards.

The bard tilted his head to the side, not understanding the problem, "and..? I don't care where it's at, I just want to help you."

Sighing, I came to realize the boy would never let this go, even if I tended to the wound myself, he'd still want to see if it was bad or not just to scold me on how I should be more careful with myself.

"Okay.. fine, but don't lecture me," I finally exhaled as I lifted the side of my shirt slightly. The injury was just above my hip, and I felt vulnerable as Venti's eyes widened slightly at the injury. He gently ran two fingers along the side of my wound, his eyes flickered up to look at my expression, making sure his motions weren't hurting me.

"I told you not to overdo it!!" Venti huffed as he continued to run his fingers up and down along the small gash. The blood had dried up around it and it looked like a mess. It was certainly worse than what I originally thought, meaning Venti is about to talk my ear off about this for the next week. I watched as he walked to the bathroom, before returning with a bottle and a cotton ball, along with a bandaid.

"You don't have to baby me. I can take care of myself," I said as I rolled my eyes while Venti began apply what I assumed was hydrogen peroxide to the cotton ball. Although I appreciated the help, I didn't want him to feel like he always had to look after me.

Instead of responding to my previous comment, Venti spoke up just before he pressed the damp cotton ball against my injury, "this will probably feel cold." As he placed the cotton ball against my skin, I immediately stiffened, causing him to look up at my face while he read my expression. He wasn't lying when he said it would feel cold.

"It stings," I complained as I threw my head back while Venti wiped the liquid on the gash.

"Yeah, that's what it does. It's to help make sure your injury doesn't get infected."

I felt myself relax once he withdrew the cotton ball away from my skin. I watched as he opened a bandaid, ripping off the parts that clung to the stickier section. He pressed it against my small wound before rubbing it slightly to make sure it would stick.

"You really should be more careful, it could've been worse," the boy started up again as I dropped the side of my shirt, letting it cover the spot I just exposed, feeling less tense now that my side was no longer showing.

"You were overreacting I was fine," I mumbled, similar to how a teenager would when arguing with their mother.

Venti averted his gaze from my own, his aura seemed to weaken while he began actively avoiding my eyes.

"I just.. don't want to lose you. I've already lost more people than I can count, and if something happened to you that I could've stopped, I'd never forgive myself."

His words hit me like a brick. I didn't even think of why he was so passionate against me fighting Tartaglia every weekend. So many of his loved ones passed away, especially the one particular boy he took shape of.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered, feeling a pain in my chest that wasn't caused from Tartaglia and I's fencing. The boy finally returned my gaze with sad eyes and a small smile.

I felt the Venti's hand brush against my own as he intertwined my fingers with his, "don't worry about it," he responded before tugging his hand towards him, pulling me closer.

The boy wrapped his arms would my waist, making sure to be cautious of my injury as he held me in his arms. I buried my face into his neck, as I let regret consume me. The bard placed a hand on the back of my head as we stood there is silence.

"I don't have to go fight Tartaglia anymore if you don't want me to. I'm sorry I've been selfish and I've been worrying you for all these weeks," I mumbled into his neck.

Venti rubbed my small of my back with his other hand he had wrapped around me as he placed a quick kiss on my head. "I know I always tell you not to go, but that's also going directly against my one wish— letting people live with freedom. So if you want to go, go ahead, but please be careful," the boy spoke firmly, yet quietly as he reassured me, "I only worry about your safety so much because I care about you and don't want anything bad to happen to you."

Feeling torn between making a decision to continue going or not on the spot, I decided I'd think of what I'd do later. I was relieved he told me I could still go, but now after realizing the reasoning to his worries when I go, I know I'd feel guilty if I did.

"I love you, a lot. Like a whole lot," I admitted, still bashful on opening up about my feelings.

The boy giggled before responding as he placed his chin on top of my head, "I love you a whole lot too."

Although I've heard those words a thousand times before, hearing him say it still made my heart flutter as if it was the first time. I let my body relax against him as he hugged my body closer to his own.

A/n: AYO ANYONE PULL VENTI? I HOPE YOU GUYS DID
AND IF YOU DID GIVE HIM THE FAVONIUS WARBOW BECAUSE FUCK META THE BOW IS GOOD FOR HIM
It has energy recharge and between using the favonius and the stringless, the favonius has proven to be much more efficient for recharging his ult
I thought stringless was good for him bc I've been using that all these months BUT NO

ALSO DID YOU GUYS SEE THE NEW CHARACTER LEAKS THAT MIGHT COME OUT IN 1.5?? EULA IS SO HOT 💔☹️ I NEED HER AND TARTAGLIA WHAT THE HELL
I HOPE SHE GETS CONFIRMED

5?? EULA IS SO HOT 💔☹️ I NEED HER AND TARTAGLIA WHAT THE HELLI HOPE SHE GETS CONFIRMED

Eula if you haven't seen her yet ^^
Why are all people with cyro visions hot.. ganyu, kaeya, Ayaka, Eula.. I can't have a full cyro team what the hell.