Venti x reader (grandma moment😒👎)

*picture is me btw,, I'm back in town*

Venti held my hand as we walked down a small street in Mondstadt. I held a small bouquet of cecilia flowers in the other hand that wasn't occupied. Before meeting up with me, the bard picked some of his favorite flowers to give them to me as a gift. It was either so I wouldn't notice the fact he was wearing my sweater, or because he genuinely wanted to bring me something. I'm going to assume it was a mix of the two.

I smiled as I watched a few kids run by. They appeared to be playing tag in the bustling atmosphere. Although the very popular Windblume festival ended last week, the small town was still lively as ever with people enjoying themselves everywhere.

A rather loud and obnoxious sigh erupted from Venti's lips from beside me, cutting through the sound of cheerful people. It was clear he was trying to indirectly get my attention.

"Spit it out," I encouraged, giving his hand a squeeze, already aware of his antics. He was most likely going to complain about something. It could be anything, really.

Venti looked at me with round, pleading eyes as he gently swung our hands between us, "I'm hungry."

"Let's go to Good Hunter then, I've been wanted to try the chicken skewers. I heard they're pretty good," I nodded, my mouth already watering at the thought of food. Now that I think of it, I was craving food too.

"But... I'm poor.." the bard whined as he deflated a little from next to me. I partially had to drag him as he pouted in despair. I'm not sure if he forgot that I was already aware of his financial situation, but I came prepared for this.

"That's why I'm paying."

Yes. I am the girlboss. The absolute breadwinner in this relationship. If anything, the roles were now switched. I pay for everything, and he is like my little princess. Screw societies standards.

"I love youu," Venti chirped while unhooking his hand from my own, wrapping his arms around my middle instead. I ended up stopping, letting the boy do his thing as he nuzzled his face into the back of my neck. Typical Venti, no care for pda at all. He was clingy in public and behind closed doors. I just really wanted to get my food.

A frail looking lady slowly approached us. She had a pretty determined aura surrounding her as she drew closer, slowly but surely. At this point, I really just wanted to get some food, and all these sudden interruptions were starting to tick me off.

"Excuse me, you two," she called out. She looked about 4'11 with her sagging face and small frame. If I had any say in her age, I'd say she was 87.

"What is it ma'am?" I asked, wanting to get this conversation over with. Venti was now resting his cheek on the back of my neck, staring at the old lady as he held me from behind. My backside fitting perfectly against him like a puzzle piece.

"Are you two dating by any chance?"

Oh lord. I swear if she is about to start preaching.. I only nodded, giving the grandma a smile to answer her question.

"I just wanted to inform you it isn't very godly for two girls to be dating. You really should both find yourself strong men, I'd hate to see two pretty little ladies go to hell."

How irritating. Sure Venti was a little more feminine looking than other guys. Maybe the teal oversized sweater he stole from my closet wasn't helping either, but to stop us and preach? Isn't this the city of freedom?

"Actually Venti is—" I started before the boy cut in.

"Oh how rude! I don't see why you are concerning yourself with our relationship when you should be concerning yourself with your funeral plans," he scoffed, unfazed but the women's attitude.

I glanced wide eyed at the bard before he flipped me around so I was facing him. In front of the old women, he pulled me towards him by my waist, placing a quick, passionate kiss on my lips.

The lady made a disgusted noise, muttering how disrespectful younger people are nowadays as she walked away. As soon as she was gone, Venti pulled away, giggling.

"Young people?? I was guiding this town before she took her first breath," he laughed as he grabbed my hand. I was still slightly dazed from the kiss, missing the closeness already. Venti just smiled as me as he tugged me towards him while we walked to the open restaurant.

A/n: my homie and I made some canvases in our tech for a teacher, and one of the adults brought in pizza so we all had a pizza party LOL!! It was so random too, but it was still fun. I kept asking what a misdirectomy was because I mixed up hysterectomy with misdirectomy 😭😰 #stupid #dumbblonde

If you're in middle school, just know you're able to do whatever the hell you want in high school, and the teachers from my experience haven't been as strict.
Middle school teachers be like, "that won't slide in high school" AND HIGH SCHOOL IS A FUCKING WATER PARK LMFAOOOO