Chapter 10

Bill hummed for a couple of seconds before speaking again, "I got it!" His figure seemed to glow brighter. It was like a cartoon.

"How about we start off something simple," Bill opened his palm of his hands to show blue flames. "A simple fire summoning spell."

"All you have to do is say these simple words. hpaq zrc hwpc nepvwvm owzrwv, npwvm hapzr iv anbcsz zriz w xcuwpc. Fire will come out of your palm so keep your hands away from your body," Bill said as he floats away from me. "We don't want you accidentally setting yourself on fire. Oh, and one more thing," he suddenly paused and looked at me. "In order for flames to come out, you must feel the heat of the fire and imagine the fire emerging from your hands."

I nodded my head a little and start to do what I was told. I stretch both of my hands away from my body. My eyes focus on my hands as I chanted the words. "hpaq zrc hwpc nepvwvm owzrwv, npwvm hapzr iv anbcsz zriz w xcuwpc." I tried feeling a ball of heat to appear on my hands but nothing happened. I tried again. This time few sparks of fire came out. Not good enough. I close my eyes and mentally prepare myself to try again. 'All I have to do is say hpaq zrc hwpc nepvwvm owzrwv, npwvm hapzr iv anbcsz zriz w xcuwpc and fire should appear on my hands. It's a simple spell. How am I not able to do this?! Chant it and it should appear. A hot ball of fire should be hovering above my hands. Bill is expecting me to do this.'

I open my eyes to try again, only to see a yellow fireball hovering above my hands. I stare in shock at my hands. A huge smile spreads across my face. The flames then disappear. I look up to Bill. Bill had a shock expression before composing himself.

"You exceeded my expectations Pinetree. Not only did you create a fireball but you did it without chanting to incantation out loud. Congratulations! Now we just need to work on your focus." I gave Bill a determined nod and started to form a fireball.

"Keep focusing on the heat," Bill started to circle me. He was like one of those movie teachers circling their pupils. "Now remove one hand." Without losing concentration, I slowly moved one of my hands. The fire threatened to extinguish itself but I kept the fire burning.

"Good."

Bill popped up beside me all of a sudden, scaring me. He expected the fireball to burn out. Bill was half right. I managed to throw the fireball in the direction he was in. But since I am inexperienced, it was a weak throw. I may have screamed. But it was a manly scream.

Bill burst out in laughter. It took quite a while till he calmed down. The entire time I was annoyed. "I am quite impressed Pinetree at your skill. I would love to continue these lessons but," Bill started to float up towards the sky. "As the King of Gravity Falls, I have kingly duties to do! Like party all day and destroy all resistance to my dictatorship rule! Plus you have work to do! Remember our deal! If ya need something, don't be afraid to tell Py or any other of my minions!" As he continued to rise, he also became brighter. I raise my hand to shield my eyes. "Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold. Bye!"

Just like that, he is gone. I return back to my room as carefully as I can. I don't want to run into any monsters. I also keep an eye out for Py.

Once I was in my room, I went to my desk. I took out some pieces of paper and started to write the stuff I knew about the barrier.

Gravity Falls barrier

It seems to keep all weirdness from Gravity Falls from leaving its borders. It even manages to keep Bill Cipher, an all-powerful dream demon, trapped here. I must find a way to destroy it.

'If only I can get some of Ford's research papers on Gravity Falls barrier. Maybe I can get more data on it. I should contact Py and see if she can take me to the Mystery Shack. But how and where would she be?' I was munching on my pen when speaking of the demon, Py appears.

"Hey, Pinetree!" The second time that day I let out one of my manly screams.

"Oh hey. Can you knock on my door next time?"

"Nah," Py said in between laughs. "Anyway," Py says after calming down a bit. "Bill sent me to check on you if you needed anything." Py then came closer to me but stopped once she was a foot between us.

"Actually, yes. I need you to take me to the Mystery Shack."

A/N: Sorry for taking so long to update. A lot of things happened throughout the years that I have been gone. I will try my best to update. One of the things that happened is that I became a mom in a discord server. :) I have wonderful normal kids.

-MamaKat