Chapter 8

I open my eyes and see a galaxy. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I try to reach towards the galaxy but instead I receive pain throughout my body. I feel like I got run over by a bus. So I continued to stare at it for what felt like hours. Not moving. Not like I can anyway. I feel like I am a shell. Existing but not having a physical form. It was strange but intriguing at the same time. I was peaceful. I hardly ever felt peaceful. The only times I felt that I was at peace is when I am reading a book in silence and in the forest. From all the peacefulness that I felt, I did not notice that I was closing my eyes till I heard someone saying my name. I slowly open my eyes again to see a yellow blur. Without thinking, I reach out to the yellow blur and snuggled with the yellow blur. It was hard trying to find a comfortable position to sleep with the yellow blur for a bit, especially if the blur is struggling against my grip but I was able to get in a comfortable position. The blur stops struggling as well much to our comfort. I then fell asleep sideways with the yellow blur in my hands.

The next time my eyes open, I am at the shack again. I am confused but I am not complaining much. It is peaceful. This must be a dream but it looks too realistic. I look down to see that in my arms is Mabel. She looks peaceful and innocent. The opposite of what my sister is. She opens her eyes slowly and then snaps them open looking wide eye at me. She then struggles against me to which I let her go.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" She screamed at me angrily.

"What are you blaming me for? If it is sleeping with me your-"

"Grunckle Stan!"

"Why are you bring him into the argument? We can solve this peacefully without Stan."

"Grunkle Stan!" Mabel kept on screaming Stan's name over and over and over again. No matter how many times I tried to reason with her, she would keep screaming Stan's name.

"All right fine. You can have the bed. I will sleep in the living room, I guess," I finally said in defeat and shamefully. I look down and rub my arm hoping that she will stop and agree.

"Yay!" She then jumped on my bed looking so innocent so fake. I look above my bed in shock. Instead of my nerdy stuff that is in MY side of the room, Mabel had her posters there. There was her glittery arts supplies, posters of Several Times and other boy bands, and there were her romance novels. But nothing on the walls, shelves, and desk had anything of my things. It is like I didn't exist.

After all that time, Stan finally entered the room. He is looking as grumpy as always.

"What's all the ruckus about, Mabel?" I start to walk towards the door. I know I am not going to get in trouble. She has done this countless times and never ratted me out to Stan. I reach towards the doorknob and start to pull the door open to the staircase.

"Dipper was sleeping on my bed and would not let me sleep." I froze. I did none of those things. She was sleeping on my bed! How dare she blame me if she has her own bed.

"That's not true Gruncle Stan. Mabel was sleeping on my bed. She did not have to sleep with me on my bed. She has her own bed that she can sleep on."

"I don't want to hear any excuses Dipper. I expected more from you. Mabel can sleep where ever she wants to!"

"But Gruncle Stan-"

"No buts! Now go chop up some wood in the backyard." I was about to protest when Stan screams at me to go do it or else he will make me sleep outside or some other threat.

'This is so unfair. How come Mabel gets treated better than me. How come she gets all these advantages. What is so special about her?'

I open the door to the backyard and walk three steps out the porch. There at the stump was an ax. Next to it is a bunch of logs that needed to be chopped. Way too many logs. More than I usually have to chop. I am not strong. Nor do I have a lot of endurance to chop up the logs at a fast rate. It is like they never wanted me to go back inside. Never go back inside. Rage consumed my whole body. I am not going to chop up all that wood. I am not their slave for me to do all the dirty work. Stan may be old but he has not lost any strength that he had in his younger years. And it is only ME that has to do all the chores. Mabel gets to do the easy stuff. Stan has to make us both equal!