Chapter 18

"We did it Pinetree!" Bill morphed into a human. He grabbed me by the waist and lifted me into the air while spinning in circles. I laughed a bit, enjoying our victory.

"We? I did all the work." I said after he pulled me down.

"You're right. I did it!" Bill took out his tongue. Then he morphed back into his triangle form and zipped away from me.

"Bill! Come back here!" I sprinted after him. Throughout the many hallways, I can see that he stops every now and then just for me to catch up. We passed by some demons on whatever trip Bill is taking me. I hear them say "There they go again" or "Cipher gotta start making some moves." I have always wondered what type of moves they are referring to. I think about it every time I hear it. I hope our friendship isn't a lie. I really enjoy our relationship and I hope it never ends.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Bill said, concerned. He was in his human form. His hand was cupping my cheek. I didn't realize that I stopped running. That I was just standing in an empty hallway. Alone with my thoughts.

"Nothing's wrong." I grabbed his hand and put it down. "Let's go." I started to walk again but Bill grabbed me by my hand and spun me around.

"No! I know something is bothering you and it has been for a while." Bill cupped my face again, making me look him in the eye. "Please tell me." His eyes were full of concern for me. All of my doubts vanished. But I told him anyway. I told him of my insecurities. How sometimes I doubt our friendship. How I felt like I don't deserve to be at his side. His eyes never left me. His hand never left my face even as I cried. But he did rub my check at times. At the end of my rant, he pulled me into a hug. It was tight, but not too tight. It was quiet except for my sobs. And some snarls from Bill when (most likely) a demon came in.

Once I started to calm down, Bill told me "Listen Pinetree." I looked into his eyes, tears still flowing from my face. Although, not much as before. I blinked expectantly at him. Bill just stared back at me looking lost.

"You have no idea what to say now do you."

"I." Bill took a deep breath. "That is correct. I can not find the words to express my feelings." I laughed a little bit.

"YOU HAD ONE JOB CIPHER!" Py screamed from around the corner causing me to laugh even harder. She stomped towards Bill and turned him to look at her. "AND YOU FAILED!"

"Hey! Do you not have a job to do? Why are you here?" I continued to laugh so hard that I started to wheeze. I clutched my stomach and fell over from so much laughter. "Look what you have done" Bill kneels next to me, "Breath Pinetree, breath!" From his voice, I could tell he was panicking. I tried to calm down but I eventually continued to laugh.

"I think he needs CPR," Py says smugly.

I immediately stopped laughing when I saw Bill coming closer to my face to do mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. "I am fine!" I yelled while shielding my beet-red face.

"Dang. Well, I need to get ready for committing arson! Bye!" Py flew off in a blink of an eye.

"The next time I see you, I will turn you into a pie! That way you will be Py pie." I mumbled the last parts.

I looked up to see Bill extending his hand, smirking at me. I never noticed how handsome he is. I blushed a bit as I took his hand. He helped me get off the floor and rubbed his neck a little.

"Look, Pinetree." He spoke nervously. "I do not know how to express my feelings well but know that I care about you dearly. I would never do anything that will hurt you. Physically and emotionally." His face got closer to mine, "I consider you one of my closest friends." He mumbled something else that I could not hear. We stared into each other's eyes for a bit and our faces got closer to each other. Is he about to kiss me?! He backed off from me with a slight blush. While my face was as red as a firetruck "But do not say this to anyone else. It is bad for my reputation."

I chuckled a little bit, "I feel the same way about you, Bill."

He smiled at me and I swear my heart beat faster.

"Now let's go to the ritual room Pinetree."