Coming to say bye

The week went by and before I knew it Friday came along. We had training in the afternoon so I woke up early, had some breakfast and then texted one of my friends from back in Spain before I got my bag ready and cycled to the pool.

I swam a few laps, for a good 30 minutes, before I did some walking up and down and then in the shallow side I did some squats and lunges before hopping into the jacuzzi.

After I spent almost an hour in the pool I headed out, showered and washed my hair before getting on the bike and cycling back home, where I spent the rest of the morning laying down watching some old matches they were showing.

The day went by quickly and before I realized I was sitting tying my boots with the girls.

"Is your brother hot?" One of the girls asked me.

"You're asking me if my brother is hot? I'll show you a picture of him if you want." I said as I pulled out my phone.

"Okay he is hot." She said, making me put my phone away. "You got your eyes on any boy?" She asked me.

"Hell no." I told her.

"I'm gonna suppose you play for the other team." She said after my answer.

"If by other team you mean girls, yes." I said.

"Jade has her eyes on this girl that plays camogie, you two should go and watch some matches, maybe you can meet someone."

"I don't actually need anybody in my life right now, I'm just living the single life, just vibing." I told her.

"You're so boring!" She teased me.

"Okay girls, enough, come on over." Coach called us. "You all can warm up life we've been doing the past few days, then we're gonna do a short possession exercise and the rest of the time we're gonna do a 8 v 8 match with changes." She said before we jogged off to warm up.

After we finished warming up, coach called us back to the center of the pitch where she made the teams, half of us were on the blue team and half of us were on white team.

"I want you all to give it 110%, we're gonna make a lot of changes, so if you last 5 minutes and then have to come off don't worry." She said. After that she called out three names from each team, which were gonna start on the bench, me being one of them.

The match started, we were playing on half a field, and us who were on the bench sat on the grass, stretching while we watched our teammates run non stop.

After 10 minutes went by, coach told me to go and warm up quickly, since I would be going on in a few minutes. I ran a bit, and did some changes of directions before doing some quick passes with one of my teammates before I had to go on.

"Okay, you relax, and play how you've been playing lately, and work hard, that's the most important key for today." She told me before I jogged in.

I jogged in just as our goalie had a goal kick, she had played it simple until now, but the other team was pressuring high, meaning she had no other choice than to kick it up the field.

The ball was kicked up to me, I jumped up in a battle with the defender, which I ended up winning. The ball fell behind me to one of my teammates near the sideline. She was quickly cornered by two defenders as the ball went wide.

I played simple passes back, as I moved around the pitch, trying to make the defenders question where I was for the next 10 minutes. Then Jade got the ball in the midfield, I was jogging behind one of the defenders, so I pointed my hand behind the defender and as the ball left her feet I ran onto it. I took a touch when I felt a few players coming near me so I looked up to see where the goalie was before I curled the ball into the far right hand corner.