How much can you lift?

Summer had gone by in a blink of an eye. Before I knew it all the girls were back and we were training full time, preparing for the season.

I ended up not being able to go and visit Shannon since the week I was supposed to go her parents prepared a vacation for her family.

It had been about 3 months and I hadn't seen her apart from through the phone. She did get into Man City so hopefully I would be playing against her at some point in the season and I'd be able to see her then.

Right now though the important thing was focusing on training and bettering myself, giving it my 100% so I would be able to get into the starting 11 when the season started.

The training session finished up and I was in a sweat. I helped coach pick up all the balls from around the place and bring them back in before jogging to the gym, where we had our second session today.

"Bro Jamie! How much can you lift?" Dakota asked me, while she was standing near the bench press.

"About 75. Why?" I answered her.

"Can you really?" She asked, impressed.

"Yes, I go to the gym 5 days a week bro, if I lifted any less I'd be disappointed." I said getting a laugh out of her.

"Okay girls! Each one knows what they have to do today, so let's get starting, you have one hour!" Coach said making everybody go to where they want to start.

One hour passed quickly, well it did for me, because I enjoyed the weights and gym session, some of the girls didn't enjoy it that much and were pouting the whole hour, so it probably didn't go by fast for them.

"Okay girls, head home. Do your school work and I'll see you tomorrow." Coach called as everybody rushed out of the gym.

I decided to stay back and work on some mobility for my joints, since I didn't want to get injured.

"I don't understand how you do this?" I heard a familiar voice ask me from the door.

I turned around to find Dakota leaning against the door frame. I just shrugged answering her question.

"Do you mind if I join you, I want to do extra too, but don't like being alone." She explained.

"Of course. Come here." I said patting my hand against the floor. "I'm doing mobility, so I'm less likely to get injured, I'll walk you through it if you want." I told her, getting a smile out of her.

"Well that's enough for today." I said 20 minutes later.

"That's it?" She asked me.

"Yeah, if I work more having had a double session today it's just gonna make it more possible to get injured." I explained.

"Oh! I get it. Can I join you tomorrow too?" She asked me.

"Of course, I'll send you tomorrow's work so you can look through it, see what you think about it, and you can adjust it to your liking a bit." I told her as we walked to the changing room.

"See ya tomorrow." Aspen said as she walked passed us.

"How is Shannon doing?" Dakota asked me.

"She's doing good. She seems so happy to be playing in city with her old coach again." I told her.

"That's great to hear." She told me.

"Yeah, she's already made great friends and gets along with all the girls which is great." I kept explaining. "What about you? Got anybody special?" I asked her.

"Not really." She told me looking at the ground.

"Uhm, come on tell me." I insisted.

"I might, or might have not fallen in love with my straight best friend." She told me.

"Fuck. That's hard. I'm so sorry. You sure she's straight?" I asked her.

"Very much so, she never stops talking about her boyfriend, and how she loves him so much." She paused. "I don't mind her talking about him, but it's when he treats her like shit she comes to me crying and I tell her she has to drop him but she doesn't, I can see her smile slowly disappearing and that's what hurts me the most."

"I get it, sometimes people can be in toxic relationships and they're blinded by what they think that person is, when in reality that's what they want them to be." I said.

"Exactly!" She said as we reached the changing rooms.

I didn't get a chance to talk to her after we showered and changed since we both had homework to do and had to hurry back to our rooms.

"Hey." I said, answering Shannons call.

"You finished training over two hours ago, where have you been?" She asked me.

"Stayed back and did some mobility with Dakota. What you up to?" I asked her.

"Nothing much, just got our season timetable." She told me, waving a piece of paper in my sight.

"Really? When are you playing us?" I asked enthusiastically.

"Second match day, in Manchester." She told me.

"No way! That's soon!" I exclaimed.

"It is, I can't wait to see you in person and be able to hug you." She told me.

"Me neither."

"Fucking hate to ruin the mood, but we should both be doing our homework." She said, making me laugh.

"You're right." I answered, pulling out my notebooks.

We sat on facetime doing work together for about an hour. "I'm done." I said as I stretched back.

"How are you done? What the fuck do they send you?" She asked me a bit annoyed.

"Well I had to finish 10 activities in maths, do an essay in english and some grammar in spanish, oh and the first two activities in physics too."

"And you did all that in an hour?" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, I'm good at this shit. I don't like it, but I do it quickly and then I'm done for the day." I tell her.

"I don't know how you can keep concentrated for so long. I'll be 5 minutes in and need a break because I can't concentrate." She told me, making me laugh.

"How about I let you go and finish your work, while I go and have dinner and I'll call you later on?"

"Okay, sure." She told me before I hung up.

I got up from my desk, placing my phone down and putting it to charge before I cleaned my room up a bit and headed downstairs to join the rest of the girls for dinner.

"Yo Jamie! You're down late." Aspen said as I sat beside her.

"Just chatting with my girl bro." I told her as I looked around at the full table trying to find Dakota.

"Ay, lucky you!" She said.

Not really paying attention to her I quickly got up as I saw Dakota sitting alone at a table in the corner. "Yo, you good?" I asked her sitting down beside her.

She cleared her throat before answering my question. "Yeah, all good." She told me.

"Tell me the truth bro, you never sit alone." I told her ignoring my food that was getting cold.

"She's at the hospital bro." She told me looking over at me.

"What? Who? Why?" I asked nervously.

"Jess, my best friend. I don't know why, her brother told me she was at the hospital but won't answer my texts or calls. Her parents don't like me so I can't ask them anything and I don't even know what hospital she's in." She explained.

"Okay, okay, breath. I promise you everything is gonna be okay, we'll take it step by step. Call her parents, they might answer and tell you something you never know, and we'll go from there."

Been focusing on my mental and physical health so I haven't been updating very much. It will probably stay like that for a while, sorry about that. Hope you like the chapter, some better ones are coming.