I'm sorry

Christmas break had gone by fairly quickly and before I knew it I was back in school and had a match to play tomorrow.

"Hey you good?" Connor asked me as he sat beside me in science.

"Yeah, just a bit stressed." I told him while I played with my pencil.

"What's stressing you out?"

"I'm playing Galway United tomorrow, I'm gonna see her." I told him.

"She probably doesn't hate you, you've got to relax." He said, trying to make me breathe.

"I sent her a text on christmas day. She read it, but decided not to answer it." I told him.

"Look, she probably just needs some time to think about everything, process it and when she's ready she will talk to you again. She won't be able to ignore you for the rest of the year, let's be real you guys were attached to the hip." He told me as he gave me a side hug.

"Okay class, I graded the last project you guys did in pairs, so if you guys sit in those pairs, I will be handing your results out." The teacher told us.

Luckily this teacher was super cool, so when I told him the only person I got on with was Connor he let us work in every project together, he even let us sit together all year around, while he moved others around.

"Connor, Jamie, excellent. You guys make a good team, and I know you guys might not be the fondest about school, but I can see you at least make an effort and thanks to that effort you get these great works out." He told us, placing our grade in front of us.

"An A+, I've only gotten an A+ once before." Connor exclaimed after the teacher walked away.

"I mean the work we did was dope." I told him looking through the pages.

"Ayo Connor! Leave the weirdo and come and sit with us." One of the boys said from the other side of the room.

"No thank you, I like hanging with her." He told them before turning back to me.

"Thanks." I mouthed.

As class finished both me and Connor got on our bikes and rushed back to our houses. We both had training so we were always the first to leave school. "I'll see you tomorrow!" He shouted at me as I pulled into my house.

"I'll text you later!" I shouted back at him as he gave me a thumbs up.

----------

It was finally saturday morning, which meant game day! I picked Connor up from his house around 9 so we could get to the pitch by 9.30.

He came to my games so often that my grandad and him got on great, like they had inside jokes between them and stuff so it was great.

"Good luck!" My grandad shouted at me as I ran off to join my teammates.

We walked into the changing room and got our gear on. Most of the girls joked around with each other while a few of us were dead serious, trying to concentrate on the game ahead.

Coach called us out to warm up, so as the team stremeade out of the changing room I sat there for a split second before going out. I closed the door behind me and just as I turned I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry." I said before realizing who it was.

"It's okay don't worry." She told me, I know she saw it but my eyes softened as I saw her there.

"Good luck today." I told her.

"You too." Shannon answered before walking away.

I sprinted onto the pitch and warmed up leaving my thoughts aside. It was nice to finally see her again, and talk to her, even if it was for a short instance you know.

Before I even realized the referee blew the whistle and the match was underway. I was a bit nervous before entering the pitch, but when I touched the grass all the nerves went away and I knew I just had to play to the best of my abilities.

The game was physical, both teams wanted to win and you could really see it on the pitch. The ball moved fast, tackles came left, right and center and it was just all around a crazy game.

Both teams had their chances, both teams could have won or lost, but luckily we came out on top 1 - 0, thanks to my late goal. Lilith played a ball behind the defence which I ran onto. I was being chased by Shannon and the goalie was coming out so I chipped it over her and it went in.

"Good match." I told the other team as I shook their hands.

I didn't wait around after the match was finished I had a quick shower and then got all my stuff and headed outside. I waited in the hall with all the changing rooms until Shannon came out.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked her when she came out.

"Not now Jamie." She told me, walking faster.

"When then? You haven't answered my texts, and we live an hour away, it's not like we can casually meet up for 30 minutes." I told her persisting.

"Okay, I'll tell my mum I'm staying here with a friend." She told me as we headed outside.

After 10 minutes, my mum had left and so had Shannons so we left the pitch and headed for a walk. The walk was awkward, we were both silent and to be real it wasn't comfortable silence.

"Look Shannon I'm sorry. I really am. I didn't want to hurt you." I told her when we finally sat down near the sea.

"But you did." She murmured under her voice.

"I know I did and I understand that if you fucking hate me and never wanna see me again. But reality is I haven't spent a day, not even an hour without thinking about you. I know I fucked up bad, and I don't expect you to forgive me right away, but give me a second chance we can at least be friends." I told her.

"I'm not good at trusting people, and I'm not one to give second chances but you, I fucking hate to admit it but you're just you. It's not gonna be easy but slowly we can go back to how we were. But, we're gonna have to stay friends." She told me, looking down at the ground.

"I just wanted you back, so that's great." I told her with a gentle smile. "Now tell me how was your Christmas in Ireland?" I asked her, making her smile.