Shannon

"Thanks for picking me up Ms. Lynch." Connor says as my mother drives out of his house.

"You can call me Fiona, and don't worry about it, she insisted on you coming so I couldn't really say no, even if I wanted to." She joked, making Connor giggle slightly.

The drive there was quiet, my mum put music on so we just listened to the music, while I scrolled through my phone and so did Connor as I checked on him through the mirror once in a while.

"We're here." My mum said as she parked

"I'm gonna go over to the girls, mum don't bother him too much, and Connor come over to the side line after the match if you want." I told him before running over to a few of the girls who were just heading in.

"Hi there!" I said as I walked beside them.

"Hey!" they all answered as we headed to the changing room.

We got changed, warmed up and were now on the pitch waiting for the referee to blow the whistle. I looked over to the stands where Connor was sitting giving me a thumbs up, I smiled just as I heard the whistle.

4 - 1, the match finished. I ended up getting a hattrick, my first hattrick over in Ireland, which was a big moment for me.

"Good game!" I heard someone shout from the sideline.

I looked up to realize it was Connor, I gave him a smile before jogging over to him. "Well what did you think?" I asked him.

"I think you didn't score enough goals." He teased me, resulting in him getting a gentle punch.

"Nice game Jamie!" A few of my teammates told me as they came over to me. "Oh who is this mystery man?" They asked me.

"Connor, a friend from back at home." I told them. "Connor met Jade, Lilith and Mia." I said as they shook each other's hand.

"Nice to meet you girls." He said.

"So you also play soccer?" Mia asked him.

"Yep, for galway united actually." He said.

"No way! Isn't that where the girl you have a crush on play?" Jade asked obnoxiously.

"Jade shut up won't you! My mother's here." I told her.

"But she does play for galway united right?" She asked again.

"I don't know, she's living in galway this year, but I don't know where she's playing." I said.

"What's her name? I might know her." Connor asked me.

"Shannon."

"Don't tell me she's the one that came here from England." He said as his eyes widened.

"Yeah." I said as I scratched my head.

"She's coming to watch our match tomorrow, you two can sit and watch it together! Okay.... I'm about to set you two up!" He said as he slowly walked away pulling his phone out.

"Don't you dare Baker!" I shouted at him before I headed to the changing room.

The girls teased me about Shannon while we showered. I decided to shower quickly so I could escape them and head back home.

"I'll see you tomorrow at 10!" Connor shouted as he got out of the car leaving my mum and me alone in the car.

"So Connor..." She started.

"Don't you dare mum. He's a friend, that's it. Nothing more, never will be anything more!" I said as I turned on the radio and looked out the window.