Destiny

*Fast forward to christmas break*

It had been about 2 months since I met up with Shannon at Connors game and my feelings were growing bigger every second. We hung out together every week or two, I would go to all her home games I could go to, but her parents didn't let her come to mine which was a bummer.

We'd facetime everyday, usually at night, just to catch up with what had been going on in our life, or really just to keep each other company. We'd also face time when we were doing individual training and the other person was free.

It was monday, and I didn't have training so I cycled to the pitch to work on my shooting. Shannon was free so I facetimed her and put her in the ground against my backpack, looking towards the goals.

"Hey!" Shannon shouted through the phone catching my attention.

"What's up?" I asked her, as I stopped kicking the ball.

"I've got to go?" She tells me as I pout.

"Am I that bad that it hurts you to see me play?" I asked her, making her giggle.

"Not at all, you're number one for me. Always. But I'm afraid I'm gonna have to love you and leave you. My mum needs milk so I've got to go and buy some." She told me.

"Well in that case I'll let you leave, I'll call you tonight." I told her before hanging up.

As I put my phone back in my backpack I couldn't help but smile at my lockscreen. It was a photo of Shannon and me after one of her matches. She was still in her kit, Connor had come along with me that day and as I gave her a hug after the match he took a picture.

I was happy to have her in my life, she was just this ray of light, something I had never experienced. She got out the best of me, and I was just so thankful to have her around. Even if it was just for a few months.

I knew I liked her, like a lot, but I also knew she was gonna be moving back to England in 6 months time so I really didn't want to ask her out, because if I was able to have her in my arms and kiss her I wouldn't be able to get over her.

I put my thought to the side and went back to kicking shots at the empty goal, challenging myself to hit the ball in an exact spot. At one point I hit the ball badly and it ended up out of the pitch in a nestled filled field.

I wasn't really excited to get in and find the ball, but it was one of my good balls and I wasn't just gonna leave it there so I jogged over and hopped the wall to this 1 meter square that was nestle free.

I looked around and spotted my ball, about 4 meters away from me. I examined the place and tried to get the best spots to place my foot so I didn't end up full of blood.

I put my first foot out placing it on top of some nestles so they don't scratch the rest of my leg. I move my next foot and I also do the same, but miss one little branch as it rubs up my leg.

I take a few more steps, my legs only just slightly getting scratches before I pick the ball up. I turn around in the spot and throw the ball onto the pitch, as I examine the best way to get back.

I decided to just go for it and run back, stepping on the spots I stepped in to get to the ball to start with. I was about to get to the 1 meter square from the start when I tripped over some branches and fell to the ground. I put my hands out in front of me, where there's no nestles.

I roll over as most of my body gets scratched from one of the branches around, including my face, which ends up getting 3 or 4 scratches down the side of my face.

I pick myself up, in a bit of pain and get out of there and back to the pitch. Having had enough of the day, I decided to pack up and head back home, take a shower and clean the cuts up a bit.