Final whistle

As the final whistle blew I fell to my knees, we did it, we won the league, with 5 points away from Galway United, they still had to play tomorrow but they couldn't do anything.

Suddenly I felt a body on top of me, and then another one, and another one. I was flat on my back, I couldn't see anything, I just heard people screaming. "We did it!" "You legend!" "Get in!"

As people lifted themselves from on top of me I was helped to my feet by Jade as she pulled me into an embrace. "We did it." She whispered into my ear.

"We fucking did it!" I shouted as I pulled away from the hug.

All my teammates jogged over to their families, but mine couldn't make it. My brother had a rugby match at the same time so I had taken the bus in for the match.

I walked over to coach and stood beside her looking at everybody hugging their families. "We're gonna miss you next season." She said swinging her arm around my shoulder.

"I'm gonna miss you all too you know. I loved it here." I told her sincerely.

"Now you're on to bigger and better. Just don't forget us when you make it big." She said, giving me a playful wink.

"I could never forget you all."

As our team came back to the center, this older looking man, in a suit, came over to us and gave each of us a medal before giving our captain the trophy.

I stood at the side of the whole team. "Jamie come here." She called for me.

I did as she said not really understanding why I had to move to the center. "You're first season, but last match. You're lifting the trophy with me." She told me as I shook my head.

"I fucking adore all of you." I said before holding one side of the trophy.

We lifted up between screams before we sprayed water from the water bottles onto each other in celebration.

"Hey!" I heard a familiar voice call as I was about to enter the tunnel.

I turned to my side and scanned the stands before I heard another 'hey' I looked down to just in front of me to find Shannon grinning at me. "Congratulations." She told me, before I got out of my freeze.

"I didn't know you were coming." I told her, pulling her into a hug.

"You thought I'd miss my girlfriend's last match in Ireland and the match to win the league? Well you thought wrong." She told me before giving me a kiss.

"I'm sorry, I probably smell like absolute shit right now." I said making her laugh.

"Just like a sweaty old sock." She teased me. "Go and get changed, I'll wait for you here." She told me, giving me one last peck before I headed into the changing room.

It wasn't long before the whole team finished celebrating and actually showered and got changed. As usual I was the first one out so I sat with Shannon, Connor and Max and waited for the rest of the girls to come out.

"Come on, we're going to my house to celebrate!" Jade shouted as the whole team followed her.

The fours of us looked at each other, before laughing and following them along, since realistically even if we wanted to say no, they would probably kidnap us and take us with them anyway.

The whole gang of us arrived at the house a few minutes later. Surprisingly Jades parents had let her have all of us over without them being there so we would just have to wait and see where the day goes.

"I'm getting pizza! Nobody has allergies right?" Jade asked as she walked towards the kitchen.

"I do, I'm allergic to lactose." One of the girls said.

"Shit, uhm anybody know how to cook something?" Jade asked.

"I'll cook some pasta for her." I said following Jade into the kitchen.

"Thank you. You don't have to really, I'm not hungry." The girl insited.

"There is gonna be alcohol brought in later on, and you will most likely drink. And I'm not letting you drink with an empty stomach." I said ending the debate.

As everybody sat around in the sitting room talking and waiting for the pizza to arrive I cooked some pasta.

I didn't really need to be looking over it all the time and the kitchen went directly to the sitting room so most of the time I was just leaning against the counter listening to the girls talk.

"Hi there." Shannon said as she leaned against me.

"Hey." I answered, putting my arms around her and giving her a kiss on the top of her forehead.

"What time will this finish?" She asked me.

"Most of them will sleep here, but don't worry I'll help you to the bus stop since me and Connor also have to head home and Max has to go on the same bus as you." I told her.

"Okay, thank you." She said nuzzling her nose into my neck.

I just smiled to myself as I tightened the grip I had on her "I love you." I whispered into her ear, before letting go and heading over to check on the pasta.

As I drained the pasta the doorbell rang meaning the pizza person had arrived. Jade rushed to the door and paid the man before bringing the pizzas in.

I walked in and sat down beside Shannon after I gave the pasta to my teammate. "Here." Shannon said, giving me a slice of pizza before sitting between my legs.

"Thanks." I said taking it from her hand.

We sat down around the sitting room laughing away at each other's antiques while munching down all the pizza.

After we did the pizza, everybody decided to relax until later on, since they were gonna party until god knows what hours.

7 pm came, and even though a few of us thought it was too early to start partying most of them though the contrary so there I was cleaning the empty pizza boxes while the rest got the drinks and games ready.

Since it was my last game with them, and probably my last time seeing them I did an effort in hanging inside with all the girls, even though I hated parties.

After a while though it was too much for me so I opened the back door and slid away from the noise and into the empty garden.

I sat down on the steps down taking a deep breath from the stuffy house behind me. The rumble from inside was in the background while I just sat down and caught my breath.

Suddenly the background music didn't sound so low and the next thing I heard was the door closing behind me, meaning somebody had come out.

I turned around to see Connor about to sit beside me. "Hey, what are you doing out here?" He asked me.

"Nothing much." I said, rocking my body forth and back.

"Comeon, what's on your mind?" He asked me, knowing me a bit too well by now.

"I'm just scared of what will happen when I head to England. I'm excited I'm going and living my dream, but then Shannons gonna be about 3 hours away, you and Jade are gonna be in a different country. I'll barely be able to see you all, what if we fall apart?" I asked him nervously.

"Hey, take a deep breath. Everythings gonna be okay. You're gonna go to England and are gonna grind over there, to one day be able to move to whichever club so you can be nearer to whoever you want to be. It's gonna be at most 2 or 3 years before I'll be heading to England to Study, and Jade is also going to England to study. And whatever I do, I'm not letting us fall out. I promise." He said bringing me into a side hug.

"Thanks. I love you dude." I said returning the hug.

"I love you too." He said before getting up and helping me to my feet. "We have to take Shannon and Max to the bus stop." He said before we entered the party.

We found the pair and said bye to everyone before leaving the house. It wasn't my ideal goodbye, since half of them weren't even aware I was going for good because of the music and the alcohol.

At least I would be able to see Shannon tomorrow at her match before we both headed to England.