I miss us

I woke up the next day in my bed, I didn't remember getting out of the car the previous night, but I just pushed the thought to a side and headed downstairs to have some breakfast.

"Good morning Jamie." My mum said as I sheepishly walked in the room.

"Good morning." I groaned, not in the mood to talk to anybody yet.

"We're heading to Galway for the day, we won't be back until late tonight or so, if you want to come." She told me as I poured my milk into my brandflakes.

"My friends are coming over to hang today mum." I reminded her.

"Oh right! Well I'll leave some money so you can order some pizza for lunch, or if you want you can cook something, whatever you want." My mum said as she got up and walked over to the kitchen.

"Okay, thanks." I told her before stuffing my face with the cereal.

After I finished eating I headed back upstairs and showered before putting on some clothes. I went with black shoes, a pair of grey sweats, and a black sweatshirt over my white sleeveless t-shirt.

I brushed my hair, and added some accessories, like two or three rings and a necklace before spraying some body spray on me to make me smell fresh.

"Bye!" I shouted before remembering I was alone.

I walked up to the town center, and sat down at the bus stop waiting for Jade, Olivia and Shannon. Connor was supposed to be here by now, but I supposed he was running a bit late.

Time ticked by and as it hit 10.05 am a bus pulled up, I bolted up and looked through the door as they opened. Next thing I knew Shannon was running out of the door and jumped onto me.

"I missed you!" She told me as she wrapped her legs around me.

"I missed you too." I responded, as she placed her feet back on the floor.

"JJ! I said as I saw Jade coming over to me.

"My dog!" She said as she gave me a hug.

"Oh hi, you must be Olivia." I said giving the other girl a hug. "Nice to finally meet you, I've heard so much about you." I said, making her blush lightly.

"Nice to meet you too." She told me shily.

"Bro where is Connor!" Jade asked me as the bus pulled away and the four of us just stood in a circle.

"I don't know, he was supposed to be here 10 minutes ago." I said looking around the place, trying to see if he was anywhere near.

"I'm here!" He shouted, running up a hill in a sweat. "I'm sorry I was late, I got carried away." He said as he gave everyone a hug.

"Well let's go!" I said as we set off walking away from the bus stop, on our way to the forest.

"Connor, where is your man? You should have invited him!" I told him as we approached the forest.

"He's not my man, not yet at least. I didn't invite him because we aren't a thing yet, and I don't know I just didn't invite him." He told us.

"Call him, and tell him to come over by around 1.30 or 2, we're having pizza and then going to the pitch. I want him around." I told Connor.

"Okay, okay. I'll call him." He said, not wanting to go against me.

As we entered the forest Jade and Olivia ran away into the woods laughing. Leaving the rest of us to calmly walk around. "They're gonna get lost, I'll go and follow them." I said as I ran behind them.

"I'm sorry to ruin your party, but you will get lost if me or Connor don't go with you, so I'm just gonna have to third wheel." I said as I finally caught them.

We walked around following the path through the big tall trees, some were even fallen in the ground. "Wanna go over to the river?" I asked them after a bit.

"Sure." They both said as I took them out of the trees and into a big field.

They both sat down on a log as they looked around at the view. I decided to head near the river and skim some rocks like I had done when I was smaller.

As I turned around after skimming rocks for a bit I couldn't help but smile. Olivia had her eyes closed as Jade hugged her from behind and whispered something in her ear.

I didn't want to interrupt their moment but it was getting late so I decided I had to. "We've got to head back, it's getting late and Max is coming over around 1.30 or 2 pm." I told them.

We met up with Shannon and Connor again before walking back to my house. Well Shannon, me and Olivia stayed in my house waiting for the pizza man to come while Jade and Connor went to the bus stop to pick Max up.

After Max came we stuff our faces with Pizza while watching a bad tv series that I didn't even know existed. If my mum saw that I was eating it in the sitting room she would kill me but I didn't care at that moment, I was just glad to have all of them here.

"Let's head to the pitch." Connor said as I tidied the pizza boxes.

Before he even finished the sentence all of them rushed out to the garage to put on their shoes, apart from Shannon who helped me tidy up. "Thank you." I told her as we finished up.

"No need to thank me, really." She told me before we also put our shoes back on.

20 minutes later we arrived at the pitch. We kicked the ball around playing a 3 v 3, Me, Max and Olivia, against, Connor, Jade and Shannon.

Sooner than not, Jade and Olivia went off to have a walk and Max and Connor did the same leaving me and Shannon alone at the pitch.

"I'm gonna miss all this if I go to England." I said as we both laid on the grass.

"Sometimes we've gotta make sacrifices to reach our dreams." Shannon told me.

"I miss us." I suddenly let out.

"I'm here beside you right now." She told me.

"No I miss hugging you, holding you in my arms, getting away with you, I miss kissing you." I said before there was a silence. "I wish everything was more simple. I wish the present lasted a bit longer." I told her.

"I miss us too." She said as she moved her head onto my stomach.

"Okay you can totally say no to this but I had an idea." I said. "Let's try this again." I told her, making her shoot up and look at me in confusion. "If everything goes to plan we'll be in England next year. We'll be 3 hours away, but we can make it work."

"I don't know, it scares me." Shannon said.

"It scares me too, but I've never been so sure about something. It will be a year and then I'll get a move to city, and we'll be able to play together and maybe even live together later on. And until then we'll work to get into camps to see each other. And we'll see each other on long weekends."

"I don't know Jamie. I really fucking like you, so much. But everything sounds so hard." She told me looking down at the grass.

"Well can we atleast be something until you leave, and then we can go from there." I told her as she lifted her head up.

She nodded in response, no words exchanged. I put my hand on her cheek as I pulled her into me before kissing her. Finally, I finally had her. I didn't know for how long, but I had her and in that moment that was the only thing I cared about.

We pulled away at the same time, a smile plastered over our faces. I put my arms around her waist pulling her down to the ground as we rolled around laughing.