Find your own happiness

Jade's house was nearby, just about 5 minutes away from the pitch. The two of us and a few other girls from the team walked over towards her house. We said bye to the rest of the girls before we turned into her house.

"Well this is it." She said as she turned around to look at me. "I'll show you around." She said, pulling me around the outside of her house.

We walked around the outside of her house, which was this big green open space, with a dirt road into the entrance of the garage for the cars.

After I saw the outside of the house, she pulled me inside. "I'm home!" She shouted as she took her shoes off.

After we both took our shoes off, she showed me around the first floor of the house, as we entered the sitting room her mother was sitting down watching some television.

"Mum this is Jamie, from soccer." Jade told her mother.

"So nice to meet you ms Johnson." I told her.

"Oh honey just call me Amy." She said as she gave me a hug.

"I'm gonna finish showing her around, and then we'll have some pasta for dinner." Jade told her mother, before pulling me away from the sitting room.

She ran up the stairs, so I followed her up and through a hallway into a room. There was this twin bed in the corner of the room, which was full of indie decorations, such as old vinyls, plants and music covers.

She opened this door that took her out to this wide balcony with two seats and a small table in the corner of it. "I sit down here to watch the sunsets whenever I can, they're beautiful from up here." Jade told me as she leaned against the railing.

After a few minutes we headed downstairs to the dining room, where Jade's parents were just finishing serving. "Your brothers are gone to a friend's house, so we don't need to feed them today." Amy said.

"So Jamie, Jade told me you're Spanish right?" She asked me.

"Well I mean, I'm not actually Spanish, It's confusing, but my father is Spanish and my mother is half Irish, half English, so I'm just a mix." I told her.

"Okay, imagine they tell you you've got to represent one of your countries, which one would you choose?" She asked me.

"It's tough, it would be between England and Ireland.... Maybe England, I just have a greater connection to England." I told her.

"Fair enough, you just have to follow your heart am I right?" She said, as I nodded.

We ate the pasta with tomato and sausages she had prepared which was delicious before we headed back upstairs to her room. She went and showered quickly, before I did.

She handed me a change of clothes after I finished showering, which I quickly put on, it was the right size, since she wore baggy clothes. As I came out, my hair still wet. I saw her sitting outside so I joined her.

"What's on your mind?" I asked her as I sat down.

"This girl..." She said.

"You really like her huh?"

"Yeah, I don't even know why, but she makes me so fucking happy. It lowkey sucks."

"Why does it suck?"

"Because shit doesn't last forever and when she's gone, I'll just get back into this whole of sadness." She confessed.

"It's great that she makes you happy, but she can't be your only source of happiness, you've got to find your own happiness, in the things you do, in the views you see or in the music you listen to." I told her.

"I know, but it's tough." She told me.

"Okay, let's go, we're doing it right now. Let's cycle to the coast, and just put music on and live life." I told her as I walked back inside.

We rushed down and sat down to quickly tie our shoes before we rushed to the shed, we took out two bikes and walked out to the front with them.

"We'll be back in a while!" Jade shouted before she got on the bike.

I followed her through the town, we zig zagged passed cars and people before turning this sharp corner, we followed this small path before we reached this old castle with the sea beside it.

We left the bikes on the ground as we ran down and passed the castle to this old stone dock, we sat on the edge as the sun started setting.

"People are so stuck up, like just let me live." I told Jade as I laid down.

"Bruh, you almost ran over someone, no shit they're gonna say something."

"I mean, I was a good meter away from them." I insisted.

"Homie no you weren't, we gonna need to get you a pair of glasses or something." She joked, making me laugh.

I took my phone out and played some bops like morbid minds, hoodies, dancing in my room... I pulled myself up to look at the sunset, which was about to end.

"Let's go over there." Jade said, pointing to this big field.

We walked over there, carefully, trying not to cut ourselves with the spikes. We passed the part with the spikes, so we ran around the field chasing each other, laughing and enjoying our time together.

After we got tired of chasing each other I looked at my watch to realize it was late, and my mum still had to come and pick me up so me and Jade walked back to where our bikes were.

We cycled back to her house after I called my mum and sent her the location of where I was at so she could come and pick me up.

"Thanks for today." Jade told me.

"Thank you, I really had a blast. We've gotta do this more often." I told her.

"For sure!" She said bringing me into a hug. "I'll bring your stuff downstairs." She said before rushing up and giving me my bag.

"I'll bring your clothes back next training session." I told her as I got in the car.

"No hurry, I'll see you around!" She shouted as my mum pulled away from her house.

Thanks for reading! Please vote.