Chapter 15

ELLIOT'S P.O.V

"Elliot." Billie laughed. "What are you doing?"

"Uhh... sleeping?" I squinted up at her confusedly, the light seeping in through the window forcing me to close my eyes.

"I never even got the blankets like I was supposed to. I'm sorry. You could've just come into my room."

I just shrugged, looking away to hide my surely blushing cheeks. "Well, I didn't know if you would get mad."

She laughed. "Of course I wouldn't get mad. Why would I care?"

Because I liked you. I shrugged. "I don't know."

"Got anything going on today?" Billie asked, sitting down beside me.

"I have a job interview at 1:30. You?"

"I have to go and work on some stuff with Fin around 1:00."

"Cool. I never got around to talking to Claudia—mainly because I have no way to contact her. My phone is actually... not working... at all, so..."

"That's not good."

I shrugged. "It's whatever."

"Well, what if something happens?"

"Then it'll happen. I'll be fine. Don't worry."

She shook her head. "I don't like that."

I laughed. "You don't like a lot of things."

"With good reason."

"Whatever you need to tell yourself."

"Do you want me to text Claudia for you?"

I nodded.

-

"Sorry for being a bitch about everything with Jeremiah," I said with a sigh.

Claudia shrugged. "I approached the situation wrong, as well, but it's okay."

"So, we're cool?"

"Of course." She stepped aside, allowing me to come in. "So... are you guys still together?" she asked tentatively, for she only hoped the two had broken up but there was no true reason for her to ask.

"I broke up with him."

"No shit?"

"Yeah." I laughed.

"What happened?"

I opened my mouth for a second without saying anything before finding my words. "Oh. Just—it obviously wasn't working out. You were right."

"So, that's why you've been staying with Billie?"

She knew? I wondered if Billie was complaining about having me there. "Mm-hm."

She laughed, shaking her head. "I think she enjoys having you there."

"What makes you say that?" I asked, heat rising to my cheeks.

"She just seemed happy when she was talking about it. I know Billie enjoys having her own house and all, but I think she gets lonely. That's why she's always over here."

I nodded, a smile tugging at my lips. It made me feel better knowing that I wasn't just in the way.

Claudia laughed. "What are you all smiley about?"