Chapter 28

BILLIE'S P.O.V

I opened my eyes, taking in a long breath as I glanced around the unfamiliar room, quickly remembering that we were staying in a hotel. Panic rose to my head as I noticed Elliot's absence but it simmered as the quiet sound of the shower and Elliot humming caught my attention. She told me she was horrible at singing once but that it didn't stop her. She actually was nowhere near as bad as she described or as bad as she made herself sound when she sang stupid songs in front of me. I enjoyed her voice. It was very raspy and fragile, breaking often and I had never heard anybody that sounded quite like her. I often craved the sound of her voice. Especially when it came to certain songs. My favorite song that I'd heard her sing was "Honey" by Kehlani. It suited her voice.

The bathroom door opened and she walked out in only an unbuttoned white button-up and underwear. My eyes traced her figure as she walked past me, clearly not even noticing that I was awake. She was off in her own world. She pulled on a pair of khaki straight-legged pants and buttoned her shirt, pulling a red sweater on over it. She walked back into the bathroom, glancing up at her reflection as her tattooed hand reached for the brush, her eyes catching mine in the mirror. I smiled softly and crawled out of bed, making my way into the bathroom and wrapping my arms around her waist. "Good morning, love," she said quietly.

Her eyes fell back onto mine and she smiled, genuinely, sending butterflies through my stomach. "Are you ready to go back?"

She laughed. "Not really."

"You like traveling, don't you?"

She nodded. "I can't say I enjoyed this particular trip completely, but yeah. It's much less stressful than staying in one spot—for me anyways."

I sighed. "Are you gonna be ready to leave in a little bit?"

"Yeah. I'm ready to go whenever you are."

-

"Whoa." Elliot gasped, looking out of the plane window at the clouds below us. "This is crazy. I never even pay attention to what's going on outside of the windows. It's so cool."

I laughed at her amazement. "Yeah, it's pretty cool, huh?"

She nodded, letting out a sigh as she turned back to me. "Thank you, Billie. For literally everything."

"Huh?" I raised my eyebrows confusedly, a smile tugging at my lips. She thanked me a lot. More than necessary but it didn't matter how many times I told her she didn't need to. She still always did. I didn't know what she was referring to this time.

She shrugged. "Just for being here and helping me be here and stay here."

"Always." I grabbed her hand, placing it on my cheek. "You're the reason I want to be here and stay here."

My phone rang and I sighed heavily, examining the caller ID. It was Danny. I answered, holding the phone up to my ear. "What's up?"

"How does tour sound?"

"Seriously?" That was very blunt. I didn't know. There was too much going on at the time for me to feel good about going on tour.

"Yeah. It's been over a year since your last tour."

"I know."

"I tried to push it off some more but the label's not budging. They've been bugging me about it for months. You've got a month, Billie."

"A month?" I slouched down in my chair, dragging my free hand down my face.

"Yes. One month. I'm sorry."

"Okay. Bye."

"Bye."

I pulled the phone away from my ear and hung up, sighing. "Damn."

"Is everything okay?" Elliot asked.

"Yeah. Don't worry about it."

"What was that about?"

I laid my head on her shoulder and closed my eyes. "We can talk about it later."

"Okay."

-

"We have to go by Finneas' house before we go home. It's a long story but he has my car." I adjust my beanie and then pull my hood on, Elliot throwing an arm over my shoulder. "He's picking us up."

"So throwing on a hood and some black clothes really makes it where you can just walk through the airport without people realizing who you are?"

"For the most part. Especially since I don't have anybody extra with me that draws attention like my body guards."

"But your face still looks like your face though. How do people not notice that?"

I laughed. "It does but people don't really stick out in an airport when they're wearing all black. Some people do notice though."

"You have a good point."

"Yeah. But if you see any Blohsh logos, run," I joked.

"Don't worry. I'll just kiss you and they won't know."

"Very funny, baby," I said, leaning on her as we walked out of the large building.

"Does Finneas know why you had to come to Arizona?"

"No. I didn't know if you'd want me to tell him or not. It's up to you. As of right now, he thinks you were visiting one of your old friends for their birthday."

She nodded. "Okay then can we maybe just not tell him then? It's kind of embarrassing."

"Of course. Whatever you want."