Chapter 39

ELLIOT'S P.O.V

"She doesn't believe me, Claudia," I said as soon as she opened the door. I must've looked crazy showing up at Claudia's door like that, my hair messy and makeup running from a mixture of tears and me wiping my eyes, but I didn't care. I was on the verge of a panic attack and I needed somebody to tell me it was okay, and Claudia was the only one who knew I wasn't lying.

"What? What happened, Elliot?" She pulled me into a hug. "Calm down."

"She—Zoe came and—and she told Billie—"

"Take a few deep breaths, calm down, and then talk, okay?" I sighed, setting my head on her shoulder as I did exactly what she said. After a few minutes she pulled away from the hug, her hands lingering on my waist as she waited for me to talk. "Zoe's here. And I was trying to tell Billie what happened and then Zoe cut me off and said that I kissed her. And of course, she believed Zoe."

"I told you to just tell her. You made yourself look suspicious by not telling her as soon as it happened."

She shook her head. "That's not even what it was. I'm sure that helped the case, but it's not just that. Her and Zoe have known each other forever. Why would she believe me over her anyways?"

Claudia grabbed my hand and sat me down beside her on the bed. "Because she loves you, Elliot. Okay? Billie loves you. And you love her. And you both have to stop doubting that love for each other because it's gonna blow up in your faces. This can still be fixed."

"I don't know, Clauds." I ran my fingers through her hair.

She set her hands on my cheeks and turned my face towards her. "I do. I'm one wise ass bitch. You better listen to me." I smiled. I was lucky to have Claudia, that's for sure. "For now, you can stay in here with me and Fin. He won't mind. His guitar is here. Maybe you can practice while you have nothing to do to keep your mind off things."

"Where is Finneas?"

"I asked him to get snacks. And he actually went so..."

-

"Hey, that was pretty damn good, Elliot." Finneas laughed, taking his guitar and setting it down beside him. "So, what's up with you and Bil? Why are you in here?"

"Zoe kissed me and today she told Billie that I kissed her, and Billie kicked me out of our room." His face contorted in confusion. "You don't believe me?" I asked, growing frustrated by his lack of words.

"No, I do. Zoe's tried the same shit with Claudia." He drug his hands down his face. "How about for tonight I'll sleep with Billie and you can sleep in here, and then tomorrow you can go sort all of this out with her."

"Okay. Thanks, Finneas." I pulled him into a hug.

"Of course." He set his hand on top of my head, ruffling my hair. "Try not to worry too much about this situation before you talk to her about it, okay?"

I nodded. "Okay."

"Alright. See you in the morning." He set his hand on the counter as he passed by, wincing and quickly drawing his hand back.

"You okay?"

"Yeah." He laughs. "Something just poked me, that's all."