Chapter 37

ELLIOT'S P.O.V

"Claudia," I said excitedly as I spotted her in the lobby of the hotel, making her way towards me. I held my arms out for a hug and she ran to meet me.

"Elliott. I missed you."

"I know. This shit sucks." I laughed, letting go of her.

"I sure hope Billie lightens up about tour now that you're here."

"Me too. Speaking of Billie, I really need to talk to you but we can talk later because I really just want to see Billie right now."

"Oh no. Good or bad talk?"

"We shall see. Key?" I held my hand out and she placed a keycard in my hand. "Thanks."

"Alright come on." Claudia leads me into an elevator and clicks a button with the number nineteen on it.

"Nineteen?" I ask, stepping back a little as the elevator starts to move.

"Billie likes being high up. Do you?"

I laughed. "Looking at tall building makes me nauseous."

"That's great. Elliot is scared of heights. Can you swim? I feel like you can't swim."

I glared at her for a second before rolling my eyes. "No, I cannot swim. Shut up."

The elevator doors slid open and Claudia practically cackled down the hallway. "Can't wait to tell Billie. Anyways, here's her room."

"Thanks, Claudia."

"Okay. Have fun. I'm going to bed."

I unlocked Billie's door and stepped in, flicking the light on and quietly shutting the door. I was about to scare the hell out of her. I laughed to myself as I set my keys down and Billie popped up out of nowhere and yelled. "Bitch!"

I jumped back and held my hand over my chest, my heart beating wildly in my chest. "Fuck you!"

"You were the one trying to scare me."

"That is—That is simply not true," I said, tripping over my lie as the words tumbled out of my mouth instinctively.

She stood up and wrapped her arms around my waist, trapping me in a tight hug. "I thought some fucking weirdo broke into my room or something and then your dumb ass laughed."

"I thought you were asleep," I replied defensively.

"Well joke's on you, I was crying. Shut up."

I chuckled lightly, setting my head on top of hers. "And you're the dumb ass because who would just sit there when somebody broke into their hotel room."

"I was about to pull out my sneak attack, babe. You better be glad you gave yourself away."

"What? You think I couldn't take you?"

She shook her head. "Definitely not. I actually have a secret identity as an MMA fighter so..."

"Oh, really?"