Chapter 48

BILLIE'S P.O.V

I sighed and reached my arm out, fully expecting Elliot to be there, but she was gone. I checked the time on my phone. It was only 6:03 in the morning. I didn't even know why the fuck I was awake. I knew where she was though. I grabbed my keys off of my nightstand and made my way out to my car. It was cold outside. Cold enough to turn the heat on in my car and regret not bringing a hoodie.

It wasn't a very long drive to the coffee shop that Elliot worked at. Sure enough, I saw her tall ass standing up at the front counter through the window. There weren't many people around. It was six in the morning on a Saturday and this particular shop didn't get much attention. I parked my car and went inside. "Fancy seeing you here," I said jokingly as I stood beside Elliot at the front counter.

"Fancy indeed. What are you doing up this early?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Do you want to go somewhere?"

"Where?"

"Wherever the wind may take us, Elliot," I said, mocking her accent.

-

"Just one drink." Elliot reached across me trying to grab my coffee out of my hand.

"It's mine, you whore." I elbowed her arm.

"Don't be stingy, Bil," she pushed.

The traffic light turned green and I handed her the coffee so that I could drive. She took a drink and then put her coffee in the cup holder closest to me. "Okay, let's swap. I regret getting something cold. I wasn't expecting you to kidnap me on this fine morning."

"I don't want your cold ass drink either. We can share, but that's as good as it's getting."

"I'll take it." She settled into her seat. "Where are we going?"

"Wherever the wind takes us, Elliot, I already told you."

"Okay, well," she rolled the window down, licking her finger and sticking it out of the window, "it doesn't feel like the wind is going this way, babe, so where are we going?"

"Roll the window up. It's cold. Can't you just enjoy the ride and shut up?"

"I am physically incapable."

I parked the car and got out without saying another word, jogging down to the beach. It was nearly empty. There were a few people much further down the beach, but that was it. I stopped a few feet short of the water and Elliot stopped beside me a few minutes later. "Took you long enough."

"I had hot coffee in my hand. I couldn't run."

"Is that your best excuse?" I asked, crossing my arms to keep them warm.

"Don't act like your faster. I would beat you in a race any day, and you know it." She laughed.

"Let's go then."

She scoffed, pointing down the beach at a grey rock that was probably about as big as my hand. It wasn't just huge, but big enough to see from where I was standing. "Okay. Do you see that big ass rock down there?" I nodded. "First one there wins, cool?"