Part 4: A Trip Alone

It was all too much.

This whole day.

From his depressing moment at the back patio to my internal struggles at the beach: I wonder how on Earth it is he and I have been friends for so long

We're hardly ever serious and when we are- it's near detrimental.

I can count on one hand all the times I thought Tom and I were done being friends.

More than half of them have been my doing.

He rarely raises his voice and he rarely ever confronts me on important issues- which is good and bad in a way.

If you avoid conflicts- how will you ever resolve the hidden struggles your facing due to the other person.

But Tom doesn't do confrontation.

Tom couldn't put up a fight if he tried.

Too zen.

It was a surprise to myself that I agreed to come to South Africa with him. I'm not one for spontaneity.

And he knows this.

Which is why I think he's super excited to bring me.

"So the bungalow has three bedrooms- so choose which ever you like, My Dear. The patio leads right off to our own private little beach and...what?" He turns and finds me just gushing at him.

I know he doesn't have romantic feelings for me- but every my dear, darling, and sweetheart he calls me makes my whole body hum as if I'm finally breaching Heaven's Gates.

"Oh...nothing...I was just wondering if I should leave my bikini inside when I tan or underneath a towel on the beach." Watching his face turn five different shades of red, he opens his mouth to say something, but stops himself. "Kidding! Gosh, to think, I would actually sunbathe in South Africa. Better things to do than laze around all day."

"Yeah...about that- it's a closed set tomorrow- so..."

"So I'll be lazing around all day?" I'm disappointed. I looking forward to seeing Tom act in person again.

"I'm sorry, Duck. I thought Brody would let you on because well...you are Emma Watson- but he said that two Harry Potter stars is enough and three would just make the other cast members jealous." That's not the reason. He probably asked Brody- who probably made a slight stink and Tom backed down instead of insisting it would be fine to have me there.

"Right- you dramatic, lying git." Pushing him, I take off running for the bedrooms as he lands on the couch. "I get the biggest bed!"

"Woman!" He calls as he runs down the corridors after me. The bungalow is a decent size- small passageways between rooms and mysterious doors leading to room you never knew existed. It's kind of fun playing a big game of hide and seek tag with him. "You get lost in here- I don't want to hear it! Besides, I already know which room has the best..."

He stops at the room I'm in and finds me laying on the bed in my bikini.

"How did you change that fast?"

"I already had it on under my clothes." I lazily say and stare at the ceiling fan spinning around and around. Walking over to me, he sits on the edge of the bed and runs his hand up and down my shin.

"You mad, bro?" Laughing at his ridiculous vernacular, I shake my head at him. Crawling up the bed, he lays on his side and props his head up with his left arm and hand. His right hand slowly moves from freckle to freckle on my arm. "Remember when we played connect the dots?"